Batman Begins - anybody seeing it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Batman Begins - anybody seeing it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:06 pm

I wasn't that familiar with the Batman story before seeing this movie, I was always into Spiderman, so perhaps my experience may have been a little different than most peoples but I was EXTREMELY happy with Batman Begins.

The pacing and action are all done well, though I think some of the fight scenes were a little choppy (that should get better in the next films as the director, Christopher Nolan hasn't done action before)

But what blew me away was the story! Bruce Wayne we learn, is faced we two philosophical dilemnas. One on a personal level, on how he deals with a particular crook (not going to give away anything specific so I don't ruin anything) and the other on a larger scale, on how he concludes corruption and injustice should be dealt with.

Very interesting. Very entertaining. See it before it goes on Dvd, so the fight scenes are movie theater enhanced.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:33 am

Katie Holmes is hot.

Was there a plot there too? Oops...

;-7
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Mets4Life » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:53 am

Just saw it yesterday...amazing movie
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ironman » Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:21 pm

I saw it friday night. Very cool movie. A few quick notes.

I liked that even though it appeared like this was gonna be a prequel to the Batman movies of the 90's that they didn't tie it into that series at all. I would assume with how things ended that a second installment will follow this one possibly involving the Joker.

Christian Bale did a great job with the Batman/Bruce Wayne role. It looks like he may finally have his big breakout film.

What a supporting cast too. Anytime you get Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman all in the same flick you're usually in good hands.

Batman's vehicle was a kickass cross between the old batmobile and a hummer. Very cool.

I knew that some of the film was shot in Chicago but I didn't realize how recognizable the city would be in some scenes. The bridges, Lower Wacker (big car chase), and some of the buildings you can spot in the wide angle cityscape shots. Also that big red sculpture that's downtown can be seen in one part.

No ridiculous soundtrack, just a movie score. The last two installments made in the 90's seemed to be more about the hit soundtracks than the actual movie (Seal, U2).

Its cool to see a DC comic get a big movie again. It seems like Marvel has been running away with things. Maybe a new Superman won't be too far away.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby Pogotheostrich » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:39 am

I saw it Friday and I have to agree with everyone that it was a great movie. Whoever casted this deserves an award.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby emb0lus » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Saw it today for only $6. Can't stand to pay full price :-D

Definitely the best Batman movie, probably the best superhero movie made in the past 20 years although Spiderman is very close. Bale rocked. I always had a thing for Katie Holmes (until this mess with Tom Cruise and now I just can't look at her the same, but way to go Tom ;-D )

ironman wrote:I would assume with how things ended that a second installment will follow this one possibly involving the Joker.

I hope not since that is what the original Batman back in the 30's and the one with Keaton are about. Although, I don't know who else to use at this point.

ironman wrote:Christian Bale did a great job with the Batman/Bruce Wayne role. It looks like he may finally have his big breakout film.

What a supporting cast too. Anytime you get Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson and Gary Oldman all in the same flick you're usually in good hands.

;-D ;-D ;-D

ironman wrote:Batman's vehicle was a kickass cross between the old batmobile and a hummer. Very cool.

i suspect it will evolve since most of the stuff he used was all prototypes.

ironman wrote:Its cool to see a DC comic get a big movie again. It seems like Marvel has been running away with things. Maybe a new Superman won't be too far away.

coming 2006
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:50 am

Has anyone seen it at an IMAX yet?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Pablo975 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:08 am

As a lifelong Batfan, I dug the hell outta this flick.

Could've done without Katie Holmes though. She's hot and all, but Batman has never really been the "superhero with a girlfriend" type, just wierd flirting with Catwoman.

Leave that girlfriend crap to Superman, which is coming next year thanks to XMens' Bryan Singer, and which looks to me....like it will totally stink. Brandon Routh is no Superman. That Bosworth girl is no Lois. I do like Spacey as Lex Luthor though......

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby nuggets » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:55 pm

prodpaul wrote:First off I am a huge Batman fan. I saw the first movie 13 times and up until yesterday it was my favorite movie of all time. Now Batman Begins takes the cake.
Yep it was the BEST of the Batman movies thus far. I thought Michael Cain was a perfect Alfred.

Bale in my mind surpassed Keaton as Batman. Outstanding movie. ;-D ;-D
;-D ;-D ;-D

Not sure if it makes sense but this is my take on the quality:

It's the best movie of the Batman series, but not the best Batman movie. :-?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:12 pm

nuggets wrote:
prodpaul wrote:First off I am a huge Batman fan. I saw the first movie 13 times and up until yesterday it was my favorite movie of all time. Now Batman Begins takes the cake.
Yep it was the BEST of the Batman movies thus far. I thought Michael Cain was a perfect Alfred.

Bale in my mind surpassed Keaton as Batman. Outstanding movie. ;-D ;-D
;-D ;-D ;-D

Not sure if it makes sense but this is my take on the quality:

It's the best movie of the Batman series, but not the best Batman movie. :-?

Come again?
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk