Batman Begins - anybody seeing it? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Batman Begins - anybody seeing it?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nsulham » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:10 pm

Absolutely going to see it. I'm a comic book movie nut and when done right, they're awesome. My favorite Batman thus far is the original....Jack Nicholson as The Joker rules all.

Also looking forward to Fantastic Four next month. Batman Begins and Fantastic Four in back-to-back months...life is good ;-D
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:51 pm

WharfRat wrote:
blankman wrote:I'll see it. I don't like the actor as Batman from the previews, but I'll give it a look.

I actually am a big fan of that guy. Check out Reign of Fire, I probably wouldn't have liked him as Batman/Bruce Wayne either if I hadn't seen that, but he definitely kicks some a$$ in that movie. He was great in American Psycho, too.

Christian Bateman is a total badace. He was awesome in American Psycho. I hate to label myself as a complete and utter bookworm, but... American Psycho the book is FANTASTIC. ;-D

In any case, I think he's a great choice for Batman. I want to see Batman Begins of course... but to be totally honest... I still haven't seen the new Star Wars yet!! :-o

By the way, I thought Batman Returns was awesome because Tim Burton made it so nightmare-like and creepy. I dug it. The REAL stinker was Batman and Robin with Ah-nold as Mr. Freeze. That film's one of the all-time clunkers :-°
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Phatferd » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:55 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
WharfRat wrote:
blankman wrote:I'll see it. I don't like the actor as Batman from the previews, but I'll give it a look.

I actually am a big fan of that guy. Check out Reign of Fire, I probably wouldn't have liked him as Batman/Bruce Wayne either if I hadn't seen that, but he definitely kicks some a$$ in that movie. He was great in American Psycho, too.

Christian Bateman is a total badace. He was awesome in American Psycho. I hate to label myself as a complete and utter bookworm, but... American Psycho the book is FANTASTIC. ;-D

In any case, I think he's a great choice for Batman. I want to see Batman Begins of course... but to be totally honest... I still haven't seen the new Star Wars yet!! :-o

By the way, I thought Batman Returns was awesome because Tim Burton made it so nightmare-like and creepy. I dug it. The REAL stinker was Batman and Robin with Ah-nold as Mr. Freeze. That film's one of the all-time clunkers :-°

His name is Christian Bale and the only reason I know this is because my sister had a huge crush on him when we were younger. She was all about Newsies, which he was in.
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:56 pm

Phatferd wrote:
His name is Christian Bale and the only reason I know this is because my sister had a huge crush on him when we were younger. She was all about Newsies, which he was in.

You're absolutely right, I stand corrected. Patrick Bateman is the name of the character in the American Psycho book/movie. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:12 pm

This movie is going to rock. It is supposedly the best comic book translation yet according to a lot of critics including previous Batman movies, Spiderman, X-Men, etc.

Christian Bale is an awesome actor. I can't wait to see it.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby so0perspam » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:14 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:Batman (1989) - Great movie. One of the best superhero movies.
Batman Returns (1992) - Stunk.
Batman Forever (1995) - Not bad.
Batman & Robin (1997) - By far the worst Batman movie.

I wasn't very excited about Batman Begins but it has gotten very good reviews. I'll probably end up seeing it.

Same here.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby reznorsboy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:19 pm

This should be good as Christian Bale is a great actor. (see AMerican Phsycho, Reign of Fire)
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:24 am

I don't think I'll be seeing this one until it hits DVD, but we'll see depending on what everyone else thinks of it. B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:41 am

It's directed by the guy who did Momento.

That's why I'm seeing it.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)

Postby RugbyD » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:31 am

So did anyone see it last night?
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero