Todd Helton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Todd Helton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Irish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:09 pm

West wrote:So is Ireland.

Just kidding.

I expect Helton to figure it out at some point this season and start to kill the ball. Whether that will be sooner or later remains to be seen, but you can't argue with his fantastic track record and the Coors Factor. That said, I'm quite happy that I traded Helton for MCab in my keeper league last year.


Come on now, anyone that's spent anytime there knows that's not true.

:-D

I just traded Berkman, Turnbow, and Mackowiack for him since berkman was riding my bench anyway, as will Helton until he heats up.

I think now is the perfect time to get him waaay underpriced, so the risk reward is very nice.
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:12 pm

I would have rather kept Berkman. Berkman is just now coming up to speed after his injury. Think he is going to have a very nice 2nd half.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Irish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:38 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:I would have rather kept Berkman. Berkman is just now coming up to speed after his injury. Think he is going to have a very nice 2nd half.


he might, but I have Vlad, Crawford, Huff, and Garret Anderson taking up my OF's and Util spot right now, so Berkman was expendable.

Unless Berkman blows up(in a good way) then I feel comfortable with the trade.

The pot odds are there. :-D
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bd3521 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:13 am

holy $hit.
1-3, HR, RBI, R, BB
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1082
Joined: 11 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern NJ

Postby rainman23 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 9:08 am

bd3521 wrote:holy $hit.
1-3, HR, RBI, R, BB


Yeah, wonder of wonders.

And I actually had him in my lineup. This was truly a rare, and blessed, day.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 937
Joined: 19 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cordscords » Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:17 am

Hopefully he can stop hurting me in 2 leagues now! Please let this be a sign!
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4346
(Past Year: 23)
Joined: 23 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby colt4523 » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:30 pm

I still think he will turn it around. I cannot think of any real reason why he is not hitting. It has to be something in his head. Even if he was on roids that should not effect his ba. Pudge is still hitting alright.

I am a little hesitent to start shopping him around. Especially now that we probably can't get anyone good for him. I still can't believe that I am leading in average with him hitting 260ish. It is so hard to give up on one of your top picks. :-o
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2697
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Postby Laean » Sat Jun 18, 2005 5:37 pm

colt4523 wrote:I still think he will turn it around. I cannot think of any real reason why he is not hitting. It has to be something in his head. Even if he was on roids that should not effect his ba. Pudge is still hitting alright.

I am a little hesitent to start shopping him around. Especially now that we probably can't get anyone good for him. I still can't believe that I am leading in average with him hitting 260ish. It is so hard to give up on one of your top picks. :-o


you're right about pudge's batting average. that's a comforting thing to know actually. if helton hits .250 all year this season, that would mean he's actually like a .210 hitter on any other team, as we should take out the coors factor. and no matter how many steroids he was on (if he was), i can't imagine he'd drop in batting average THAT much, on top of losing his power.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby great gretzky » Sat Jun 18, 2005 7:07 pm

you know, I have been TOTALLY been wondering for a while what to do with this guy. I thought I was screwed earlier in the season at CI, so I traded lidge for delgado. Then I picked up nick johnson, so now I have all three and a crowded outfield.

so it has been all about the matchups, and something jumped out at me earlier today (provided yahoo is correct) that he is doing ok agains trighties. NOT studly mind you, but middling along. if he has a helton like second half, then it will be alright. i am stuggling in my masin league with helton, schmidt and beltran, but still fifth out of 11. at this point, any one of them could still outperfom anyone you get for the time remaining, so it ain't worth it to move them really, unless someone is at least willing to pay 2nd or 3rd round value IMO. of course, they won't.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3769
Joined: 3 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Washington, DC

Postby West » Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:06 pm

Irish wrote:
West wrote:So is Ireland.

Just kidding.

I expect Helton to figure it out at some point this season and start to kill the ball. Whether that will be sooner or later remains to be seen, but you can't argue with his fantastic track record and the Coors Factor. That said, I'm quite happy that I traded Helton for MCab in my keeper league last year.


Come on now, anyone that's spent anytime there knows that's not true.

:-D


Oh I know. And anyone that's been in Boston around St. Patty's knows what a good time it is to drink with the Irish. ;-D
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1519
(Past Year: 85)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact