Todd Helton - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Todd Helton

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:48 pm

I feel like I just bought a stock at its 52 week low. Give it a couple weeks to hit its bottom and it will steadily climb back to resistance at about 270 before it breaks through.
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby TheYanks04 » Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:01 pm

At best, Helton is going to be a bust this season. The only question is whether it is total bust or mild one. He would have to hit something like 400 with 30 homers in the second half to get his numbers to expectaion levels at this point. Not likely to happen though it is possible to do.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero


Posts: 9531
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ridgerunner » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:14 pm

I got RJ for Helton and Livan about a week and a half ago. 5x5.. 12 team C,1B,2B,3B,SS,MI,CI,LF,CF,RF,OF,OF,UT, SP,SP,SP,SP,RP,RP,RP,P,P,BN,BN,BN,BN,BN. 1400 IN. MAX.
Money league in its fourth year. The guy that had RJ is buried in last place. Johnson has turned a corner and I got him at the right time. I'm lucky enough to be in first place with my first four picks being Helton Schmidt, Thome And M.Giles 8-o


E
"There are only three true sports; mountain climbing, auto racing and bull fighting.....everything else is just a game"
-Hemingway
Ridgerunner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 120
Joined: 21 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:21 pm

;-D ;-D ;-D on the RJ for Helton/Livan trade. Your timing couldn't have been better on that one for all of the players involved (at least if Helton continues to play this badly).
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Laean » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:38 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:At best, Helton is going to be a bust this season. The only question is whether it is total bust or mild one. He would have to hit something like 400 with 30 homers in the second half to get his numbers to expectaion levels at this point. Not likely to happen though it is possible to do.


that only applies to roto leagues. in h2h leagues, as long as he plays at his normal abilities during the fantasy playoffs, he's not a bust at all. and if you didn't make it to the playoffs solely because helton didn't do well during the regular season, your team probably wasn't good enough to win the title anyway. (not "you" specifically, just the general "you.")
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:47 pm

Laean wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:At best, Helton is going to be a bust this season. The only question is whether it is total bust or mild one. He would have to hit something like 400 with 30 homers in the second half to get his numbers to expectaion levels at this point. Not likely to happen though it is possible to do.


that only applies to roto leagues. in h2h leagues, as long as he plays at his normal abilities during the fantasy playoffs, he's not a bust at all. and if you didn't make it to the playoffs solely because helton didn't do well during the regular season, your team probably wasn't good enough to win the title anyway. (not "you" specifically, just the general "you.")


That's exactly why I traded for him. My team is in 1st and all I had to give up was Reyes and J Patterson for Helton and Feliz. With Polanco making himself comfortable at 2B I can platoon Feliz and Furcal at SS based on matchups and the team I'm matched up against each week and whether I need the speed or not (I have Crawford too). Long term, and I mean, in September long term, I gotta like Helton over Patterson :-D
Image
AT
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3920
Joined: 23 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On Parole

Postby Laean » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:53 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
Laean wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:At best, Helton is going to be a bust this season. The only question is whether it is total bust or mild one. He would have to hit something like 400 with 30 homers in the second half to get his numbers to expectaion levels at this point. Not likely to happen though it is possible to do.


that only applies to roto leagues. in h2h leagues, as long as he plays at his normal abilities during the fantasy playoffs, he's not a bust at all. and if you didn't make it to the playoffs solely because helton didn't do well during the regular season, your team probably wasn't good enough to win the title anyway. (not "you" specifically, just the general "you.")


That's exactly why I traded for him. My team is in 1st and all I had to give up was Reyes and J Patterson for Helton and Feliz. With Polanco making himself comfortable at 2B I can platoon Feliz and Furcal at SS based on matchups and the team I'm matched up against each week and whether I need the speed or not (I have Crawford too). Long term, and I mean, in September long term, I gotta like Helton over Patterson :-D


good move.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2595
Joined: 16 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Loveable Losers » Fri Jun 17, 2005 3:57 pm

Absolutely. H2H Helton has HUGE upside. As long as you can get him for a reasonable deal. The Helton owner I've tried to deal with though throws out quotes such as "you can't argue with math" and "it's a statistical impossibility for Helton to hit under .320". He can keep Helton ;)
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Posts: 7290
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cubs Win!!! Cubs Win!!!

Postby Irish » Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:01 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Absolutely. H2H Helton has HUGE upside. As long as you can get him for a reasonable deal. The Helton owner I've tried to deal with though throws out quotes such as "you can't argue with math" and "it's a statistical impossibility for Helton to hit under .320". He can keep Helton ;)


Math is sooo overrated.
Image
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2163
Joined: 5 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby West » Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:04 pm

So is Ireland.

Just kidding.

I expect Helton to figure it out at some point this season and start to kill the ball. Whether that will be sooner or later remains to be seen, but you can't argue with his fantastic track record and the Coors Factor. That said, I'm quite happy that I traded Helton for MCab in my keeper league last year.
West
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1518
(Past Year: 94)
Joined: 28 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Wednesday, Aug. 20
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Miami
(12:40 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Philadelphia
(1:05 pm)
Toronto at Milwaukee
(2:10 pm)
NY Mets at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Houston at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Atlanta at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Detroit at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Angels at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(7:15 pm)
San Francisco at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Baltimore at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Kansas City at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact