Anyone notice Tony Clark? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone notice Tony Clark?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby EK711 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:49 am

Don't know much about Clark, but he has produced when he's gotten the PT in the past. Someone in my 14 team league picked him up last week and has gotten a nice boost because of it. He seems to be seeing some more time, but will he actually get to see some consistent time with Tracy playing 1B in AZ?
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 am

EK711 wrote:Don't know much about Clark, but he has produced when he's gotten the PT in the past. Someone in my 14 team league picked him up last week and has gotten a nice boost because of it. He seems to be seeing some more time, but will he actually get to see some consistent time with Tracy playing 1B in AZ?

That's the concern with picking up Clark for fantasy purposes. He's getting playing time now because he's swinging one heck of a hot stick but once he cools off Tracy will get the playing time and he'll go back to DH.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:42 am

_Simulacrum_ wrote:
EK711 wrote:Don't know much about Clark, but he has produced when he's gotten the PT in the past. Someone in my 14 team league picked him up last week and has gotten a nice boost because of it. He seems to be seeing some more time, but will he actually get to see some consistent time with Tracy playing 1B in AZ?

That's the concern with picking up Clark for fantasy purposes. He's getting playing time now because he's swinging one heck of a hot stick but once he cools off Tracy will get the playing time and he'll go back to DH.

DH? :-? Did you mean bench?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:42 pm

When Clark was with the Yanks last season his bat was real SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. He could not get around on any fastball in the 90s and was basically a mistake/curveball hitter.

I have no idea what has changed or whether the D'backs are spotting him well against non-hard throwers or what, but I find it difficult to believe that Clark can keep this up. Then again, who knows.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers