Jose Guillen and Anger Management - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Jose Guillen and Anger Management

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:31 pm

You guys hit the nail right on the head. This series is must-Tivo material. Jose Guillen is getting thrown at, hopefully by Bartolo Colon, and he is going to charge the mound and maybe the dugout and go 1 on 26. What a beast Guillen is, I'm so glad he's on my fantasy team. He's great for team chemistry ;-D
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:23 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:You guys hit the nail right on the head. This series is must-Tivo material. Jose Guillen is getting thrown at, hopefully by Bartolo Colon, and he is going to charge the mound and maybe the dugout and go 1 on 26. What a beast Guillen is, I'm so glad he's on my fantasy team. He's great for team chemistry ;-D

Guillen great for team chemistry??? Wow, first time I've heard that one. I think it's great that he's fitting in with his Nationals teammates so far...but his team player rep previously has been about as bad as it gets. The guy's basically been run out of three organizations.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:26 pm

thehat wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:You guys hit the nail right on the head. This series is must-Tivo material. Jose Guillen is getting thrown at, hopefully by Bartolo Colon, and he is going to charge the mound and maybe the dugout and go 1 on 26. What a beast Guillen is, I'm so glad he's on my fantasy team. He's great for team chemistry ;-D

Guillen great for team chemistry??? Wow, first time I've heard that one. I think it's great that he's fitting in with his Nationals teammates so far...but his team player rep previously has been about as bad as it gets. The guy's basically been run out of three organizations.

I was referring to my fantasy team's chemistry ;-D

He fits in well with such clubhouse dynamos as Manny Ramirez, Francisco Cordero, and the legendary Gary Sheffield.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:38 pm

I've heard plenty of people here in DC talk about how Guillen is fitting in, growing up, becoming a leader, etc. I translate this to mean that, for whatever reason, he's becoming less insane.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:44 pm

I just offered a trade of Mike Cameron for Milton Bradley purely to improve the chemistry of my team. And yes, I would be receiving Milton Bradley ;-D

Now if only I could get Albert Belle to complete my outfield... :-?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:50 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:I just offered a trade of Mike Cameron for Milton Bradley purely to improve the chemistry of my team. And yes, I would be receiving Milton Bradley ;-D

Now if only I could get Albert Belle to complete my outfield... :-?

I was thinking about the all-anger team:

C - Mike Piazza
1B
2B - Roberto Alomar
SS
3B - George Brett
OF - Milton Bradley
OF - Jose Guillen
OF - Albert Belle

SP - Clemens
SP - Zambrano
SP - Chan Ho Park
SP
SP

RP
RP

Maybe you guys could help me out...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:58 pm

Frank Francisco and Rob Dibble at RP. Lou Pinella at 1B. Pedro and Randy Johnson as the other SP's. I'm drawing a blank on SS's.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:09 pm

WILD THING! Mitch Williams. A guy who didn't look at the plate when he threw, wow. I named this crazy bird I had after him.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby KPucks » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:52 pm

thehat wrote:Well, here's what I believe happened. I watched this drama unfold and I'm pretty sure it went like this.

With this being an interleague affair, there's only one way I can see that F Robby knew something was up with Donnelly. Someone tipped him off.

Now, let's see...what Nationals player might have a little bit of a grudge against the Angels and would know about Donnelly perhaps loading up his glove? Uh, how 'bout one Jose Guillen, the former Halo whose tenure with the team ended rather badly last season. Pretty obvious he was the informer, particularly when some of the Angels pitchers starting yapping at him during the on-field 50 player plus coaches convention.

Guillen then lost his cool and had to be restrained. No question in my mind he's the "guilty party" here...although with this having taken place in SoCal, there's little doubt he would win an acquittal in any court of law.

I hope you're not insinuating Guillen is the one at fault for the situation. Sure he lost his cool when confronted by a number of Angels, but Donnelly was the one cheating. Donnelly's Angels teammates were the ones that came onto the field and basically confronted Guillen for "outing" their teammate for cheating. Of course, Guillen shouldn't go ballistic, but he has every right to inform his manager if he knows an opposing player is cheating, thus hurting his own team's chances of winning. Donnelly is the one at fault here, not Guillen.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby donut » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:53 pm

WharfRat wrote:I've heard plenty of people here in DC talk about how Guillen is fitting in, growing up, becoming a leader, etc. I translate this to mean that, for whatever reason, he's becoming less insane.

same thing was said last year about guillen in anahiem!!

hit on erstad was a clean play! not that commentator's opinions hold much water but i have yet to hear one say erstad's collision with estrada was dirty!
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers