WHATS YOUR BEST MVP 2005 TEAM??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

WHATS YOUR BEST MVP 2005 TEAM???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mikegp » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:43 pm

I own MVP 2005 and only have a keyboard OR a controller with one D-pad thingy and one joystick. Is there anyway I can slide, dive or lead off without buying a new controller?
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RC » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:16 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:That really pisses me off. Madden rules and so does MVP.

ESPN is trash, especially their MLB game. It's going to be sickening having to play that each year.

I hope EA continues to update the MVP rosters, even into next season. That would be sweet.

Agreed, but if you play in Fantasy mode, you'll be golden for a while. ;-D
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:55 pm

This is the year wrote:One suggestion I have, if you haven't done it already, is turn off the vibration in addition to the pitch cursor. It makes it a lot harder to locate your pitches, and will take some getting used to.

Hehe, I've already taken care of that pretty much. I got pissed when I was being absolutely dominated by Eric Milton and threw my controller down and now it just barely vibrates. :-o Luckily I got the extended warranty thing at Best Buy so hopefully I'll be able to get it replaced. :-D

This is the year wrote:Also, if you have "meter difficulty" at -50, wouldn't that make it much easier? I could be very wrong on this, because I haven't messed with the sliders very much.

That's what I thought as well, but a lot of the slider settings seem to be counter-intuitive. I found this list of slider settings and I had a couple others backwards too. :*)

This is the year wrote:I like your idea of keeping it as a simulation, but I figured that I wouldn't be able to do that due to all of the circumstances you mentioned.

It's definitely tedious at times, but I think it's worth it if you have the time/patience. I really only keep up with rosters, not starting lineups and stuff. I turn fair trades off then move the players around at the major league level as best I can and let the CPU manage them after that.

KolbSaves wrote:They won't have the rights to update the rosters next year so that's not going to happen.

Right, except there is a pretty big community of modders and such -- at least for PC -- that keep the rosters, stadiums, and patches up to date. The biggest thing I'm worried won't continue after this final cycle is the online play. :-/
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:57 pm

mikegp wrote:I own MVP 2005 and only have a keyboard OR a controller with one D-pad thingy and one joystick. Is there anyway I can slide, dive or lead off without buying a new controller?

I'm not really sure. :-? Unless you're really strapped for cash a gamepad is the way to go. I got a pretty good one for about $30, but there are some that are a lot cheaper as I've seen some in the $20-$25 range. ;-D
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:05 pm

Any of you guys do the fantasy draft at the start of a dynasty? Is alotta fun to build a team, and have 32 evenly balanced teams.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:09 pm

RynMan wrote:Any of you guys do the fantasy draft at the start of a dynasty? Is alotta fun to build a team, and have 32 evenly balanced teams.

Yeah, except there's only 30 teams... ;-)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 54)

Postby bd3521 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:14 pm

Yeah I started a fantasy draft dynasty. Its really addicting when you are trying to be build a farm system, win on all levels, and keep the budget in line. I got my roster update from http://www.codejunkies.com for my mod(ified) ;-) xbox.
[url]http://www.footballguys.com/05vbdrevisited.htm[/url]
bd3521
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:35 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:
RynMan wrote:Any of you guys do the fantasy draft at the start of a dynasty? Is alotta fun to build a team, and have 32 evenly balanced teams.

Yeah, except there's only 30 teams... ;-)

!+)
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:19 am

I've never tried it in MVP before. I guess I figure that's what my fantasy leagues are for. :-D As for the minor leagues, I really couldn't care less hehe. I treat them pretty much like most real teams do, as a place to develop players and if they happen to win, so be it. O:-)
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RC » Thu Jun 16, 2005 7:05 am

It's the only way to go.
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers