Donnelly, Brendan Tossed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Donnelly, Brendan Tossed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:27 am

matmat wrote:odds that guillen will get plunked in the next game?

You devil's advocate you. The umps are going to have close watch today.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:57 am

nuggets wrote:

mwahahahaha . . .where is the pointy-eared smilie when you want it?

:-D

i actually think the angels (especially scocia) acted like kids that got caught with their pants down.
"well... yeah! we can ask for your pitche to be checked too. you'll see!!! yes, you will!!!!! I am taking my ball and going home."

it would have been a lot more fun if they had asked the umps to check jose guillen's bat for cork or something entertaining like that. he might have really lost it then :)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nsulham » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:00 am

Actually I remember a few games a week or two back where Donnelly was warned for going to his mouth on the mound so word must have gotten around the league that he was doing something.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:04 am

matmat wrote:
nuggets wrote:

mwahahahaha . . .where is the pointy-eared smilie when you want it?

:-D

i actually think the angels (especially scocia) acted like kids that got caught with their pants down.
"well... yeah! we can ask for your pitche to be checked too. you'll see!!! yes, you will!!!!! I am taking my ball and going home."

it would have been a lot more fun if they had asked the umps to check jose guillen's bat for cork or something entertaining like that. he might have really lost it then :)

matmat for God! er, uh I mean Satan :-b ! make it happen!

there is the mischievous one: }:-)
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sign of Eth » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:37 am

donut wrote:soscia said some pitchers regularly use a little pine tar to get a better grip on thier off speed pitches and that it doesn't affect the flight of the ball. he said it's one of those ettiquite things in baseball where other managers don't call out pitchers on. any truth to this? any former pitchers ever use pine tar...either to get a better grip or cheat?
Mark Gubizca, former KC pitcher who does the post game report for the Angels, was saying the same thing after the game. He said that half the pitchers in baseball have some pine tar in their glove.

The LA Times reported that Robinson was accusing Donnelly of having sandpaper. When they didn't find any, they tossed him for the pine tar.
Sign of Eth
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby reiser » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:56 am

nsulham wrote:Actually I remember a few games a week or two back where Donnelly was warned for going to his mouth on the mound so word must have gotten around the league that he was doing something.

yeah that was Ozzie Guillen who was raising hell with the umps about it. and it started the series before that, basically most coaches now trying to use that to mess with Donnelly.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:09 am

matmat wrote:odds that guillen will get plunked in the next game?

Or, how about the odds that Guillen will get plunked, will charge the mound and get suspended. With his anger issues, I wouldn't be surprised.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:04 pm

Madison wrote:Saw Julio Franco's bat during the Rangers game tonight and the announcers went on and on about the pine tar being too high up on the bat. Franco hit a homer and Texas never said a word about the pine tar.

Guess it's just a matter of some things are worth mentioning and others are not. In Donnelly's case, definitely worth mentioning. ;-D

in the same game the angels announcer pointed out the fact that vlad has pine tar on his hat, that he rubs his hands on before his AB.....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby silverZ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:12 pm

haha thats funny, the last 2 times ive seen donnely pitch he's been warned for licking his fingers while on the mound. i guess he thought nobody would notice the pinetar on his fingers :-P
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Postby donut » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:55 pm

anyone think this might be payback for donnely being a scab during the last strike? i say scab meaning he crossed the picket line.
correct me if i'm wrong but isn't he still banned from being in the MLB players union?
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers