100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Donnelly, Brendan Tossed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Donnelly, Brendan Tossed

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:54 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
theskaboss wrote:
bd3521 wrote:Just got tossed for cheating with something in his glove. Frank Robinson told the umps to check his glove out.

Geez, what a loser messing with the game... :-t

Isn't that Frank's job? To "mess" with the game? His job is to will the Nats to the win. I mean coaches ask to check players' sticks in hockey. Little O wanted Rhodes to take out his diamond earrings a couple years back. It's all gamesmanship, and it's part of all sports. The fact that Donnelly WAS, in fact, cheating makes it even better that they checked. I think it's great. I hope Donnelly gets suspended, too.

Good work, Frank! ;-D

I think he's referring to Donnelly, not Frank.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:57 am

now shields is melting down!

there goes my santana win..and my shields 2 inning mop up points!

:-[
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Donnelly, Brendan Tossed

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:58 am

Pokeyouindaeye wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
theskaboss wrote:
bd3521 wrote:Just got tossed for cheating with something in his glove. Frank Robinson told the umps to check his glove out.

Geez, what a loser messing with the game... :-t

Isn't that Frank's job? To "mess" with the game? His job is to will the Nats to the win. I mean coaches ask to check players' sticks in hockey. Little O wanted Rhodes to take out his diamond earrings a couple years back. It's all gamesmanship, and it's part of all sports. The fact that Donnelly WAS, in fact, cheating makes it even better that they checked. I think it's great. I hope Donnelly gets suspended, too.

Good work, Frank! ;-D

I think he's referring to Donnelly, not Frank.

Well that would make me feel better. If that is the case, I'm sorry for getting worked up. I'm still smarting from the guy in the Game Commentary section calling Frank a "clown" for starting the whole fiasco...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:13 am

Saw Julio Franco's bat during the Rangers game tonight and the announcers went on and on about the pine tar being too high up on the bat. Franco hit a homer and Texas never said a word about the pine tar.

Guess it's just a matter of some things are worth mentioning and others are not. In Donnelly's case, definitely worth mentioning. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:26 am

Wow, BD isn't the type of guy I would have expected to hear about getting caught with something illegal. One can only wonder how long this has been going on with him.
Dr. Duran Duran
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafecasterTrivia Time Trial Champion
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:35 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wow, BD isn't the type of guy I would have expected to hear about getting caught with something illegal. One can only wonder how long this has been going on with him.

Likely since at least last season, since it's pretty clear Jose Guillen knew about it. (See my comment on the "Guillen Anger Management" thread for more on that.)
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby donut » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:36 am

soscia said some pitchers regularly use a little pine tar to get a better grip on thier off speed pitches and that it doesn't affect the flight of the ball. he said it's one of those ettiquite things in baseball where other managers don't call out pitchers on. any truth to this? any former pitchers ever use pine tar...either to get a better grip or cheat?
donut Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:40 am

donut wrote:soscia said some pitchers regularly use a little pine tar to get a better grip on thier off speed pitches and that it doesn't affect the flight of the ball. he said it's one of those ettiquite things in baseball where other managers don't call out pitchers on. any truth to this? any former pitchers ever use pine tar...either to get a better grip or cheat?

Beckett could really use some. And Kip Wells...and ??

I think Socia makes a mistake if this is true and he is letting the cat out of the bag. But hey, if I can't do it why should he be able to get away with it? :-?
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:45 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Wow, BD isn't the type of guy I would have expected to hear about getting caught with something illegal. One can only wonder how long this has been going on with him.

Or with Anaheim pitchers. I usually don't think much of Yankee whining but after the WS they did have some comments about the movement of Anaheim relief pitcher stuff. Probably just K-Rod though and that’s understandable.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:26 am

odds that guillen will get plunked in the next game?
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers