Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beckett has a blister...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:09 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:honestly....

i think that he sorta faked that whole bit because he was upset. he threw at burnitz. they ump almost threw him out but warned him. then the manager came out and he acted as if something was wrong with his finger. i think he used that as an excuse for trying to bean jeremy after giving up a homer to derek lee....and besides he was losing.

we shall see, but i bet that he is fine and will make his next start.

Faking it? right....The guy has had blister problems every single year of his career.

i know that and that is why i did not draft him or trade for him. my whole point was, IF YOU WATCHED THE GAME. the way that the events traspired seemed faked or even comical.

his blister "appeared" after a dlee HR....

Did it ever occur to you that he gave up the homer as a result of not having a good grip on the ball because of the blister beforehand? Do you think he would automatically call for his manager after he noticed it? He's going to want to see how well he can throw even when he had it.

did you watch/see the whole game?

???
:-?
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:12 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:did you watch/see the whole game?

???

Nope. Did you see McKeon's quote about it?

''From talking to the trainer, it's not as bad as it was last year,'' manager Jack McKeon said. ''But we're still talking about 10 days, 12 days, 14 days.''
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:21 pm

This is the year wrote:we need atrophying testicles to put him in his "whizzinator" sig, perhaps Beckett should look into these "alternative" forms of callous-strengthening :-]

Gentlemen the cure to all blisters and hand callouses has arrived!

Dear Josh,
Please phone Kerry Wood and ask him how he prevents blisters on his pitching hand. Yes, that's right he urinates on them :-P . And surprise surprise, he learned it from Moises Alou! The KING of hand urination and baseball's original whizzinator. Now we know this is absolutely disgusting and potentially hazardous to the overall health of our fantasy teams, because we KNOW you're going to spread bacteria and disease all over our roster, but enough is enough right? Oh and one more thing, I'm sure I speak for at least half of us when I say we think you're an overrated hothead who will never live up to your full potential. And certainly not unless you start pissing on your hands ;-D

Sincerely,
The Cafe
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:41 pm

blankman wrote:
This is the year wrote:we need atrophying testicles to put him in his "whizzinator" sig, perhaps Beckett should look into these "alternative" forms of callous-strengthening :-]

I thought the idea (pissing on your hands) was to prevent callouses? Isn't it?

In fact Blankman, and my fellow cafe patrons, urinating on your hands softens the skin as a result of the component urea, highly prominent in urine, which is also used in many moisturizing creams, skin softeners, and dermal therapy lotions. Think I'm crazy? Take a look at the World UrinoConference. Now there's a room full of sanitary handshakes for you ;-D

http://slate.msn.com/id/2100652/

I also think that Kerry Wood crapping in his hat to alleviate headaches may not be the best idea... 8-o
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:50 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:did you watch/see the whole game?

???

Nope. Did you see McKeon's quote about it?

''From talking to the trainer, it's not as bad as it was last year,'' manager Jack McKeon said. ''But we're still talking about 10 days, 12 days, 14 days.''

1. (A) between 1:25:21 and 1:26:44 into the game beckett threw pitches to corey patterson.

2. (A) beckett even covers first base to help record the out on patterson, but not once did he look down at his finger.

1. (B) between 01:27:05 and 01:28:20 derek lee came to the plate.

2. (B) the first pitch to lee almost hit him in the face. the third pitch to lee was a borderline strike, but beckett fell behind 3-0 to lee.

3. (B) the announcers said that he should have the green light on the next pitch and he sent it 386 feet to the cubs fan in the black shorts in the street. still he does not look at his finger

4. (B) the announcers also said that it was the 2nd 3-0 pitch that lee swung at all season long.

5. (B) burnett looks up over his right shoulder at the ball flying out of the park, but he never looked at his finger.

1. (C) at 1:29:10 the next man to the plate is jeremy burnitz.

2. (C) beckett throws the throws the first pitch for a strike.

3. (C) he throws the second pitch at burnitz's legs, which he seemed to be aiming for. burnitz walks out of the batter's box and looks at the ump. the ump motions warnings to both teams. and beckett then motions to the ump (according to the announcers) that he is not doing anything wrong.

4. (C) beckett throws the next pitch high for a ball.

5. (C) and then at 1:29:55 into the game beckett calls for the trainer to come out. and then the 2005 beckett blister era begins....

beckett allowed 3 home runs over his first 13 starts and he gave up two last night.

now i am not saying that beckett does not have a blister. and i am not saying that he did not develop a blister during the 6th inning or earlier in the game. but what i am saying is that it was sort of suspect to me the way that the events transpired.

especially when you see it live.

HR
HR
batter is almost hit
blister

have a nice day.....

;-D
Last edited by Krunk City King$ on Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:57 pm

Not that Beckett is a rocket scientist, but if he wanted out of the game because he had nada, why not the old standby, namely tightness in the hammy or groin? It would be far less damning from a PR perspective, impossible to disprove and rather easy to write off as being fine for his next start.

The last thing he probably would want to deal with is the 1000 questions he wil get on his blister now.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:00 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Not that Beckett is a rocket scientist, but if he wanted out of the game because he had nada, why not the old standby, namely tightness in the hammy or groin? It would be far less damning from a PR perspective, impossible to disprove and rather easy to write off as being fine for his next start.

The last thing he probably would want to deal with is the 1000 questions he wil get on his blister now.

i agree...
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mikegp » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:27 pm

As a Beckett owner I'm not worried at all. I drafted him expecting this and so should everyone else. I feel he should be back pretty soon and back to his dominate self. In the mean time he should be pissing on his hands!
mikegp
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby lachlanoddy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:46 pm

Maybe he should piss in his own face. I hope somehow that these comments get back to him... I take great comfort in that being a possibilty. Maybe he has an old college buddy that loves to record his goofs and such.

I particularly like the thought of Kerry Wood crapping in his hat too. Kudos to that one. Along those lines, I think that Juan should try stealing more, maybe a good shart would help...?
This game means nothing.... unless I'm winning!
lachlanoddy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:22 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:
blankman wrote:

I thought the idea (pissing on your hands) was to prevent callouses? Isn't it?

In fact Blankman, and my fellow cafe patrons, urinating on your hands softens the skin as a result of the component urea, highly prominent in urine, which is also used in many moisturizing creams, skin softeners, and dermal therapy lotions. Think I'm crazy? Take a look at the World UrinoConference. Now there's a room full of sanitary handshakes for you ;-D

http://slate.msn.com/id/2100652/

I also think that Kerry Wood crapping in his hat to alleviate headaches may not be the best idea... 8-o

So it does prevent callouses right?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers