Beckett has a blister... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beckett has a blister...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby diesel99xx » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:33 am

He should get Moises Alou to pee on his hands!

LOLOLOLOL
diesel99xx
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby This is the year » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:41 am

we need atrophying testicles to put him in his "whizzinator" sig, perhaps Beckett should look into these "alternative" forms of callous-strengthening :-]
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Area51's » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:52 am

thehat wrote:Swell...now he can join Prior and Bedard on the sidelines on one of my teams. Fortunately, I snagged Ervin Santana in all four of my leagues last week (in anticipation of a recall) so some of the sting is removed.

But is there anyone who's not concerned that this the start of a Beckett deja vu run where the same problem keeps recurring?

I dropped John Thomson, but still have beckett, prior, Odalis, had to drop Mota......feel your pain bro!
Area51's
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:15 am

This is the year wrote:we need atrophying testicles to put him in his "whizzinator" sig, perhaps Beckett should look into these "alternative" forms of callous-strengthening :-]

I thought the idea (pissing on your hands) was to prevent callouses? Isn't it?
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby lachlanoddy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:22 am

ARGH!!!! I hate you Beckett. DIE DIE DIE!!!!!

I knew it would happen. I thought about it lots... but ooooo... he opened the season with a CG SO, and then stayed hot. Then the feeling came back... screaming to me... TRADE TRADE TRADE... but I didn't.... What a GOAT!!!!!!!

I HATE it. All he'll do know is kill me by being 'maybe good, but mainly CRAP' for the rest of the season... I bet!!!!!

ARGH!

Rant over...
This game means nothing.... unless I'm winning!
lachlanoddy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:33 am

Beckett has joined the list of players I will start to avoid in future years - until he proves he can stay healthy for a full year. His pal Burnett joined that list this year, and his current elbow talk makes me think I made the right call there.

But, losing Beckett again stings. I hope this isn't for long. Very frustrating though. I bought the hype that he had solved the blister problem. I guess not.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby This is the year » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:40 am

[quote="blankman"

I thought the idea (pissing on your hands) was to prevent callouses? Isn't it?[/quote]

I don't think so. Some websites use the term "blister" and "callous" interchangeably, but they are different things. Most things I've read say that Alou and Posada did it to "harden" their skin and strengthen callouses, therefore preventing blisters.
This is the year
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:54 am

I don't understand why he can't just freaking pee on his hand like everyone else does.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:02 pm

Rirruto wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:honestly....

i think that he sorta faked that whole bit because he was upset. he threw at burnitz. they ump almost threw him out but warned him. then the manager came out and he acted as if something was wrong with his finger. i think he used that as an excuse for trying to bean jeremy after giving up a homer to derek lee....and besides he was losing.

we shall see, but i bet that he is fine and will make his next start.

Faking it? right....The guy has had blister problems every single year of his career.

i know that and that is why i did not draft him or trade for him. my whole point was, IF YOU WATCHED THE GAME. the way that the events traspired seemed faked or even comical.

his blister "appeared" after a dlee HR....
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Rirruto » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:07 pm

Krunk City King$ wrote:
Rirruto wrote:
Krunk City King$ wrote:honestly....

i think that he sorta faked that whole bit because he was upset. he threw at burnitz. they ump almost threw him out but warned him. then the manager came out and he acted as if something was wrong with his finger. i think he used that as an excuse for trying to bean jeremy after giving up a homer to derek lee....and besides he was losing.

we shall see, but i bet that he is fine and will make his next start.

Faking it? right....The guy has had blister problems every single year of his career.

i know that and that is why i did not draft him or trade for him. my whole point was, IF YOU WATCHED THE GAME. the way that the events traspired seemed faked or even comical.

his blister "appeared" after a dlee HR....

Did it ever occur to you that he gave up the homer as a result of not having a good grip on the ball because of the blister beforehand? Do you think he would automatically call for his manager after he noticed it? He's going to want to see how well he can throw even when he had it.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers