Bedard out another MONTH!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Bedard out another MONTH!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ocmusicjunkie » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:47 am

He looked SO damn good before he got hurt, you can't possibly cut him. I actually traded for him when he was DL for "two or three starts" :-t

Whatever. As long as he gets back to form around the break, I'll be fine.
Help please:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1086524#1086524

Harden- 2.15 ERA, 7.61 K/9
Peavy - 2.89 ERA, 10.10 K/9

[b]Lets go Rich![/b]
ocmusicjunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:57 am

!+)

weird that hayden penn's worst outing so far was the one he won... :-o

tough news to bedard's owners...but i think that if you stuck with him this long...you might as well wait and see what happens...
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby foulballstrike3 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:08 am

This is a double whammy for me and my beloved Orioles. The big talk is that the guy doesn't have the heart. Quite funny how he says, I don't wanna rush it.
foulballstrike3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:31 pm

I just dropped Bedard for Juan Pierre. Man I loved having Bedard on my team but I'm really annoyed with his whole "I'll get back on the field when I'm good and ready, no need to rush" attitude. Real pitchers are like Carlos Zambrano: "I don't care if my toe falls off I will make my next start against the Yankees". Now that's a pitcher I want on my team.

Sorry Bedard. Hopefully I can pick you up again when you get off your lazy non competitive butt and hit the field again :-t
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby jzfran » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:40 pm

My team is struggling since he got injured and hes just wasting a spot. Teams in my league however often disregard the DL next to a guys name and stash him> i cant afford to lose out on this guy if he is for real!
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Postby T-Bone Costanza » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:58 pm

_Simulacrum_ wrote:Sorry Bedard. Hopefully I can pick you up again when you get off your lazy non competitive butt and hit the field again :-t

Are you for real? I don't understand where all this hate is coming from with this guy. It's frustrating to his fantasy owners, but how can people be bashing him so badly based on some reporters' speculation. I'd love to know more about how Bedard got labelled in such a way. Honestly, you guys who are ripping into Bedard based on some crap spouted on the always reliable (rolls eyes) "Yahoo Inside Dish" (which I don't even know how to access but was posted by someone named "macca" on Monday), really need to get a reality check. Bedard is a guy with a ton of promise, who has his whole career in front of him, who doesn't want to rush back. Just for the record, here's the only thing I personally have seen that even remotely justifies this kind of vitriol towards Erik Bedard...

"The Orioles privately are frustrated with LHP Erik Bedard, who is recovering slowly from a strained left knee ligament. Bedard, who was expected to miss only two or three starts, could end up being out six weeks. Some baseball men question his passion for the game and desire to succeed. . . . "
T-Bone Costanza
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:26 pm

Dropped him for Doumit..basically because pitchers have half the points at best then hitters in mypoints league...whoops.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:28 pm

T-Bone Costanza wrote:
_Simulacrum_ wrote:Sorry Bedard. Hopefully I can pick you up again when you get off your lazy non competitive butt and hit the field again :-t

Are you for real? I don't understand where all this hate is coming from with this guy. It's frustrating to his fantasy owners, but how can people be bashing him so badly based on some reporters' speculation. I'd love to know more about how Bedard got labelled in such a way. Honestly, you guys who are ripping into Bedard based on some crap spouted on the always reliable (rolls eyes) "Yahoo Inside Dish" (which I don't even know how to access but was posted by someone named "macca" on Monday), really need to get a reality check. Bedard is a guy with a ton of promise, who has his whole career in front of him, who doesn't want to rush back. Just for the record, here's the only thing I personally have seen that even remotely justifies this kind of vitriol towards Erik Bedard...

"The Orioles privately are frustrated with LHP Erik Bedard, who is recovering slowly from a strained left knee ligament. Bedard, who was expected to miss only two or three starts, could end up being out six weeks. Some baseball men question his passion for the game and desire to succeed. . . . "

All right, I admit I got a little carried away- which can happen :-b

But I stand by my point that he's not exactly coming off like a pitcher with a strong competitive edge.

I read the same blurb you just posted as well as-

``It's progressively healing, but slowly,'' Bedard said, drawing out the final word for emphasis. ``No need to push it. I would rather wait.''

With the way he emphasized the word "slowly" it sounded to me like a pitcher not in a hurry to get back on the field. Very frustrating that Bedard was such a waiver wire gem and then without any warning he was on the DL for a stretch that just keeps getting longer and longer.

Personally I have every intention of re-stashing him when Rolen comes off the DL.

Didn't mean to get you all riled up Constanza- chill ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:46 pm

You guys bashing Bedard are serious morons. The guy has a sprained knee. He still has pain and it is not healing. You want him to go out there and pitch? Look what happened to Gagne after he tried to pitch through a sprained knee.

Read Bedard's story and tell me that he has no heart. This guy was thought to be done with baseball at age 18 only to become an elite pitcher in junior college. He bolted a few weeks left until graduation b/c he wanted to play baseball so badly. People need to stop jumping to conclusions.

:-t

If/when he comes back, as long as he keeps throwing strikes, there is no reason to believe he won't be successful.

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawaciti ... eaa1a846e9
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Simulacrum » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:20 pm

Yoda wrote:You guys bashing Bedard are serious morons. The guy has a sprained knee. He still has pain and it is not healing. You want him to go out there and pitch? Look what happened to Gagne after he tried to pitch through a sprained knee.

Read Bedard's story and tell me that he has no heart. This guy was thought to be done with baseball at age 18 only to become an elite pitcher in junior college. He bolted a few weeks left until graduation b/c he wanted to play baseball so badly. People need to stop jumping to conclusions.

:-t

If/when he comes back, as long as he keeps throwing strikes, there is no reason to believe he won't be successful.

http://www.canada.com/ottawa/ottawaciti ... eaa1a846e9

Hey now, it's getting ugly in here. :-b

I don't want to fight about this. I already admitted I got carried away in my earlier post- calling him lazy and non-competitive was excessive. However, I've never once heard about a team "grumbling" that one of their players is taking his sweet time getting back on the field after an injury. I took the gist of what I had read in those articles and I jumped to a conclusion. My conclusion seems to have gotten me good and chewed out this time !+)

Heartwarming article though ;-D
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers