Scott Kazmir - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Scott Kazmir

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Scott Kazmir

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:27 pm

Are the long-term projections for this kid still ceiling high? Have his recent problems lead anyone to downgrade his potential?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:30 pm

And I already read this post. I guess I could have bumped it, but I'm dumb sometimes (okay - most of the time).
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:41 am

I really like Kazmir's look on the mound. Dynamite stuff and has that "screw you" demeanor that impresses me in a youngster.

The bad news is that he's not worth much right now. Rookie pitchers on bad teams are a miserable risk for fantasy owner. There's just not enough upside to offset the potential liabilities.

Long term, his only detractors seem to want to dwell on his size, and they insist he's better suited to closing, and that he could be a Billy Wagner clone down the road.

I feel Kazmir is stellar keeper league material, although I doubt he's available in those leagues. In redrafts, he's too risky for me this season.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby kimchi_chigae » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:11 am

i posted something about kazmir when he faced ollie p and the pirates last week...it was his worst outing this year and i was saying that i was very impressed with him. as the hat said...he's a rookie...so he's gonna have his share of bad outings...like the one he had at PIT...he actually pitched pretty well IMO...struck out a lot of guys...tough first inning then he cruised until the 5th where he couldn't buy an out. he seemed to be rushing his pitches a bit...so that might have been one of the reasons why he got rocked.

even this year...he might have some value, but unless you are in a keeper league...you shouldn't depend on him...his run support is actually not bad, so you can't blame the drays offense for the lack of wins.

one thing i know...he's already better than victor zambrano. !+)
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Return to Baseball Leftovers