Believe it or not, ESPN has some good stuff out there - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Believe it or not, ESPN has some good stuff out there

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby RC » Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:04 am

Simmons is the shizzle. ;-D
Like my Avatar?
RC
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:09 pm

That was fun, thanks nuggets! My favorite part?

" And I suspect most fans want to see the best players in the game. That's not to suggest the fans always know who the best players are. But if they did, that's who they'd want to see."

Remember, Scott Rolen (Who I think is amazing, but cmon he hasn't played ) and Nomar were leading at their respective positions in AS voting
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby beltrans_boy » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:51 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
beltrans_boy wrote:Rob Neyer is the only good baseball writer for ESPN. I'd even hesitate to call him an ESPN writer. He's a freelance sabermetrician with a few books to his name. He's worked with Bill James before. He knows his stuff.

Neyer ain't no sabermetrician. He's a popular writing who is very good at explaining sabermetric information to the average Joe.

Right, I misused the word. As far as the ESPN baseball writers go, he's the only one who even talks about sabermetrics.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers