Cleveland OF: Crisp vs. Sizemore - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cleveland OF: Crisp vs. Sizemore

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cleveland OF: Crisp vs. Sizemore

Postby Titanic Grizzlie » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:56 pm

In 12 team mixed leagues both Crisp and Sizemore are marginal players who many people have sitting on their WW. Currently Sizemore is hitting #1 and Crisp #2. I always thought that Crisp had more value, but recently it seems that Sizemore has really found his place in the leadoff spot. He is scoring a ton of runs. Additionally, Crisp has not come close to stealing a base since he came back form the thumb injury, and I believe he won't be running much form here on out consequently. Also, Crisp could get moved down to #6 again which would hurt his value.

Conclusion: I believe Sizemore is more valuable then Crisp this year.

What do you think?
Titanic Grizzlie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jblank » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:04 pm

What dont you like about him hitting 6th? When he hits there this year, he has creamed the ball. Hitting 6th may mean fewer runs, but he seems comfortable there and hit the ball with power and production in that spot.

I like him a lot more than Sizemore. I think Coco has more pop than Grady, but really, the two of them are so close in value, it depends on where you need help at. If you need runs, choose Sizemore, if you need RBI's, choose Coco. As a side note, I think the rest of their categories will be a toss-up.
jblank
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby benjapage » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:57 pm

i'm probably in the minority (again), but i really believe that both are special players. the crisp owner dropped him when the original diagnosis on the finger was 3 months, sizemore's owner gave up after a slow start....i nabbed both immediately.

listen, both of these guys have enormous potential. they're both 20-20 guys with .290 potential. for all the noise made over rowand, i think both will nose out his numbers this year.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:26 pm

i really like sizemore and have for the last few years since i got to see him play at high A ball in Kinston.... and after his lackluster April, he has been playing real well since with a BA over 300 since May 1.....
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

GZ

Postby Mugwump » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:31 pm

I have been riding Sizemore as my #3 OF for a couple of weeks now. He has been a nice pick-up.
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby EK711 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:06 am

Another homer post for me... B-)

Grady has been the spark that the Indians really needed, kid has been stratight on fire as of late. He's gone 22/41 in his last 9 games, and is always fun to watch since he hustles out EVERYTHING. He really needs to take more walks to be effective as a leadoff hitter, and probably would make a better future fit as a 2 or 3 hitter, but right now nobody else has stepped up at the leadoff spot so he should stay there this year. It's just a shame I had to play his owner in my H2H league last week, he killed me. I like both him and Coco, but it really depends on how deep your league is on how much use either can be for a fantasy team. If Sizemore is available in your league I would grab him to at least ride out this hot streak he's on right now.
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Pogotheostrich » Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:52 am

I own both in a keeper.
Crisp at $1 until 2007 and Size more at $3 until 2006.
Crisp isn't getting as many SB as I expected but I think he has more value than Sizemore, for this year at least.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 451)

Return to Baseball Leftovers