Gagne out... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Gagne out...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:04 pm

Yoda wrote:
tmoney wrote:I hate to be a broken record, but Gagne's injury problems and his significant loss of velocity screams out lack of steroids. Too bad I didnt hold on to Brazoban.

Please dude. Take your steroid conspiracy theory to another thread. We are trying to have an intelligent thread here. Thanks. ;-D

Chill out, it was just the first thing that came to my mind when I heard about this. As soon as I posted I figured I would get some cut along these lines. I dont see how what I said qualifies as a "conspiracy theory," I am not trying to stir controversy or persuade anyone to think he has used steroids. This is probably one of the first things I have ever posted about steroids so dont try to portray me as one of "those" posters. Maybe next time I will check with you before I interrupt your highly intelligent conversation, I dont want to test your ego.

But lets just drop this whole deal. My opinion about you using your #1 waiver priority on Brazoban really depends on what your current closer situation is. If you could use another closer or are worried about the future of a closer you have, Brazoban is definately worth it IMO. Even if you are near the top the pack in saves, I would probably use the #1 since having the extra closer might open up some interesting trade opportunities. So I guess my vote is that he is worth the #1 priority.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tmoney » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:13 pm

scb175 wrote:Yah, thanks a ton! This should help out a lot with saves

Hey guys, just wondering about what you thought about Brazo after he was removed from the closing roll when Gagne came back. He gave up 2ER in each of his next 3 appearances as the setup man. Was the guy just pissed from being removed from closer, or was it just bad luck? I'd hate to see anything like that from him again.....

Anyways, he's been pitching better this month.. 0ER

I dont think it is anything to be concerned about. He was dominant as the closer earlier this season, so there isnt a question of his ability in the role. I am guessing that moving from the closer role back to the setup role probably messed with his rythm and thought process on the mound temporarily. I am guessing he is excited about being the closer again, and he should be dominant again with good ratios to back it up.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:16 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:Anytime there is news like this it's always a race to see who can pick the guy up first.

Thank god for the cafe!

Yes, for once I can agree with that. Got him in 3 of my 7 leagues. The other 4 still had owners clinging to him for some reason.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wshnats20 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:36 pm

thanks for the tip, but how long should we expect gagne to be out?
wshnats20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LCBOY » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:56 pm

Just picked up Brazoban for the second time this season!
LCBOY
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bdrotoronto » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:17 pm

thanks for the tip, but how long should we expect gagne to be out?

that is really the key here.
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:58 pm

Apparently it's the same exact area that is affecting him which is REALLY bad news if you ask me. He was out for over 2 months when he first went down so... I'd be surprised if he comes back full strength this year. I'm burning my #1 waiver pick to claim Brazoban.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:35 am

I hate to see gagne (or ANY player hurt) BUT that being said,,,,ahhhhh my patience holding onto braz this long appears to be paying off. I have been a believer all year(and said so) that the Gagne injury was worse then they were letting on and could linger all year. That being said even I was considering dropping braz just last week cause Gagne had looked sooooo damn good lately. Once in a while being in a deeeep league where there arent better options out there TO pickup is a good thing. For those asking if you should pick him up......i say ABSOLUTELY unless you jsut dont need a closer. I predicted earlier that He would have more Saves than gagne at the All star break. This makes me think he will have more for the year, even if Gagne isnt out most of theyear....For his sake i hope i am wrong,,,i just dont think i am.

INKcogKNEEdough
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DGroundhog » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:46 am

My preliminary guess would be this is some pretty bad news for Gagne owners and Dodger fans. The pain was referred to as a 'burning' pain, which would lead me to believe it is ligament damage.

Wait for the MRI before doing anything drastic though.

[b][size=18]70*[/size][/b]
* Steroid induced record
DGroundhog
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RAmst23 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:38 am

Would just like to say, wow, another reason not to take a pitcher early. Gagne was taken in top 3 rounds in drafts I was in.. and what a bizarre year for pitching. The ole' don't draft a pitcher..ever.. method sure is working.
...Boston papers now and then suffer a sharp flurry of arithmetic on this score; indeed, for Williams to have distributed all his hits so they did nobody else any good would constitute a feat of placement unparalleled in the annals of selfishness. -Updike
RAmst23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers