I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:20 pm

Madison wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:Thought I'd dig this one up......

Today in school I lost my wallet. I figure I lost it in Gym Class, changing. I checked the locker, the floor, everywhere in the locker room, couldn't find it. Didn't ask any teachers yet, I will tomorrow. I wouldn't be that pissed, but the thing is there was $75+ in there, my drivers liscence, fishing liscence, social security card, and a few other cards. Don't know much about it, but isn't it terrible to lose your social security number? ahh this sucks really bad. The thing is I don't care if I get it returned with no money left, I just want my liscence and stuff like that back. But I doubt it will since my school is half filled with criminals. :-/

Ouch! :-o

The social security card is the one that can do the most damage to you if someone wants to do something. :-o

Never carry it around in your wallet! :-o

Did you check the trash cans?

Hopefully the gym teacher has it in his office. :-o Good luck. ;-D

Exactly what happened. My locker is right by the teachers office, he had it in there. Dodged a huuuuge bullet there!
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Big Pimpin » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:56 am

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Today in school I lost my wallet. I figure I lost it in Gym Class, changing. I checked the locker, the floor, everywhere in the locker room, couldn't find it. Didn't ask any teachers yet, I will tomorrow. I wouldn't be that pissed, but the thing is there was $75+ in there, my drivers liscence, fishing liscence, social security card, and a few other cards. Don't know much about it, but isn't it terrible to lose your social security number? ahh this sucks really bad. The thing is I don't care if I get it returned with no money left, I just want my liscence and stuff like that back. But I doubt it will since my school is half filled with criminals. :-/

The social security card is the one that can do the most damage to you if someone wants to do something. :-o

Exactly what happened. My locker is right by the teachers office, he had it in there. Dodged a huuuuge bullet there!

Wow, Mad is a clairvoyant cyborg. He never ceases to amaze me...
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 7)

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:59 am

Big Pimpin wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Naw, you think? :-b
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:26 am

go_jays_go wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:
SuptownSpartans34 wrote:
Madison wrote:

Naw, you think? :-b

Lol. :-D You're just now figuring that out? 8-o Lmao! :-b

Glad to hear the wallet was found, and all is well again! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby chadlincoln » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:10 pm

Some guy found mine in Wal-mart and took my $$$, bank cards, ID, and threw everything he didn't want on the ground and left.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:35 pm

When I was 18, a bunch of us ditched school to go to the beach. I lost my wallet but had a few blank business cards in my wallet from my mother's office (where I worked PT). Some guy called there to say that he was jogging and that he found my wallet. I thanked him and told him that if there was still $$ in there, he could use it for postage to send it to me and he did. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:11 pm

eftda wrote:What can someone do with my Social Security number?

Just about anything. :-?

They can open accounts against your credit and bilk you of everything. My job requires me to get a SSN to open a new account for them (because of security and the cost of the equipment) and a lot of people understandably don't want to give it out.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Madison » Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:52 am

Lofunzo wrote:
eftda wrote:What can someone do with my Social Security number?

Just about anything. :-?

Agreed. :-/

Open credit card accounts.

Open bank accounts (then bounce checks everywhere).

Get a copy of your birth certificate. Then with that, they can get a driver's license under your name, etc, etc, etc.

Claim you as a dependant on their taxes. (seen that one done before)

Just name it. Someone gets your SSN, you're totally screwed. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk