Return to General Talk

Who's ever lost a wallet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby DaQ » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:21 pm

blankman wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
blankman wrote:
Phatferd wrote:
DaQ wrote:As for you, you may have to hope someone returns it to you. Usually, I keep my wallet in my pocket (or in the glove apartment by the driver's seat.

Is it a one bedroom or 2 bedroom?

:-b

I read that earlier and was just dumbfounded. He can't really think that's what it's called can he? :-o

At first I was like wtf are you guys talking about, but then, I finally realized :-D

lol :-b

This is what happens when I miss a thread for a while...obviously, for some of you intelligence-deprived Cafe individuals, it's compartment. :-D
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Half Massed » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:39 pm

Yeah, I left my wallet (and pants) in the locker room at my school once. I just forgot to put them in my locker. It was after school and when I got back from practice, my wallet and random useless cards (such as old school ID's and such) were strewn around the floor, but the money, gift cards, etc. were gone, along with the pack of gum in my pocket. I had like $35 dollars cash and who knows how much in gift cards. My keys, phone and pants were still there though. If whoever did it had taken my keys it would have been all bad. It was basically the same as losing it, although I found the actual wallet. Man, that day sucked... :-/
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:31 pm

First off, glad to hear you found it. ;-D

Secondly, I have a really good story about this... A couple years back I was interning in Seattle, a couple hours from where I lived at the time. The starter in my truck happened to go out when I was in the parking lot of the company where I was working. Since I happened to have all the tools I needed to replace it, I took the thing off and went back to my apartment across the street. I called a cab and he came and got me, took me to the auto parts store where I bought a new starter, and brought me back to my truck. I then proceeded to put the new starter on my truck and get my truck going again.

So I finally get back to my apartment about 11:00 at night, and can't find my wallet anywhere. I go back to where my truck was in the company parking lot, thinking it might be there. No dice. I drive all around where I'd driven my truck to test it out, and can't find it. Remember it's like 11 at night, so I'm thinking I left it on my toolbox, it blew off, and it's long gone. I go back to my place and am freaking out because my driver's license, debit card, credit cards, social security card, everything is in there.

Not 15 minutes later I get a call from the cab company asking me if I'd lost a wallet. Somehow I'd left it in the backseat after I paid the guy. I say yes and the cabbie brings it back by my place a little while later. I just kept thinking how easy it would have been for the next guy to just keep it, or give it to the cabbie and have him keep it.

All I know is that made me realize how important it was to give the cabbie a good tip. ;-D If I'd given him jack who knows how it would have turned out. Plus I chatted with him instead of just sitting back there like a lump. It definitely made me realize how good people can be from time to time. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby da1chipo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:00 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:I go back to my place and am freaking out because my driver's license, debit card, credit cards, social security card, everything is in there.

I was under the impression that you shouldn't carry around your SSN.
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:16 pm

da1chipo wrote:
Big Pimpin wrote:I go back to my place and am freaking out because my driver's license, debit card, credit cards, social security card, everything is in there.

Yeah, you really shouldn't. I don't know why I had it, but I did. I don't carry it around anymore, that's for sure.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby mtryanks12 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:24 pm

RyanK, now that I think about it, did you lose it at the Wendy's right across from Westfarms Mall?????
mtryanks12
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SuptownSpartans34 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:11 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:
da1chipo wrote:

Yeah, you really shouldn't. I don't know why I had it, but I did. I don't carry it around anymore, that's for sure.

I only had my SSN because I needed it to get my fishing liscence. Just never took it out.
Woo Badgers
SuptownSpartans34
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WharfRat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:21 am

Big Pimpin wrote:All I know is that made me realize how important it was to give the cabbie a good tip. ;-D If I'd given him jack who knows how it would have turned out. Plus I chatted with him instead of just sitting back there like a lump. It definitely made me realize how good people can be from time to time. ;-D

Well...I think given the situation, he would have had a pretty decent tip either way... ;-7

Good story tho. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:36 am

SuptownSpartans34 wrote:Thought I'd dig this one up......

Today in school I lost my wallet. I figure I lost it in Gym Class, changing. I checked the locker, the floor, everywhere in the locker room, couldn't find it. Didn't ask any teachers yet, I will tomorrow. I wouldn't be that pissed, but the thing is there was $75+ in there, my drivers liscence, fishing liscence, social security card, and a few other cards. Don't know much about it, but isn't it terrible to lose your social security number? ahh this sucks really bad. The thing is I don't care if I get it returned with no money left, I just want my liscence and stuff like that back. But I doubt it will since my school is half filled with criminals. :-/

Ouch! :-o

The social security card is the one that can do the most damage to you if someone wants to do something. :-o

Never carry it around in your wallet! :-o

Did you check the trash cans?

Hopefully the gym teacher has it in his office. :-o Good luck. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby 3 run homer » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:25 pm

Phatferd wrote:
DaQ wrote:As for you, you may have to hope someone returns it to you. Usually, I keep my wallet in my pocket (or in the glove apartment by the driver's seat.

Is it a one bedroom or 2 bedroom?

Oh man that cracked me up.;-D

I have a chain on my wallet, I havn't lost it or forgotten it for years.

BTW congrats on finding your wallet.
[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Hail to the Redskins, Hail to victory, Braves on the warpath fight for ol' DC
3 run homer
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk