Who's ever lost a wallet? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who's ever lost a wallet?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who's ever lost a wallet?

Postby RyanK » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:33 pm

Seems like i just lost my second.. im flippin 17, whats this mean i'll have lost by the time im 60 besides my brian....

But when i lost it before i was younger, like 10ish, so that doenst really count...

Has anyone lost their wallet before and had it returned with money and other things left in it? I had about 60 bucks in it, usually i only carry 20 but i was planning on getting a cd or dvd after i got food.. Also had my health card or whatever it is in their, and my licence, few other things, bank account number..

the story (if you want to read):
i was hungry and wanted food so i decided to go to wendys, i usually leave my wallet in my car so i knwo were it is, but some reason i brought it in today, so i grabbed it and my keys and my hat, and when i got to wendys i opened my door and realized i didnt have my wallet.. i felt around my car and then went hoem and looked some more, then went back to wendys thinking it dropped out of my pocket to the side of door and feel out the door to the ground next to were i parked.. sadly like 4 cars were around were i parked when i was there before, now only one, and it was different, and no wallet, so i asked if anyone turned one in to the people at wendys, no luck. so basically ive searched all around my house and checked around were i parked... now to just hope someone is nice enough to return it...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WharfRat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:34 pm

This one time, I left my wallet in El Segundo.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby DaQ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:41 pm

So that explains your away message :-? :-b

Damn, that sucks though. I know my dad lost the wallet one - he got it back (at the lost and found), just without the $60 he had in it. A crowded Disney World must have a lot of pick-pockets (where his was "stolen" or it fell out of his pocket).

As for you, you may have to hope someone returns it to you. Usually, I keep my wallet in my pocket (or in the glove apartment by the driver's seat.

I feel bad for you man - I don't know waht else you can really do. If you had credit cards or any information in the wallet, you may have to tell your parents quickly (as bad as that seems) so you don't get burned in the long run. I don't know what else you can do though, except pray someone finds you and gives it back.

Sorry man :-/
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RyanK » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:46 pm

Ya.. my sister stupidly told my mom while i was driving back to wendys.. open my cell phone.. shes screaming at me already... like its my fault i lost it (no need to respond and make me feel worse)...

But i dont think i had anything but my bank account statements and health card (insurance possibly or something) nothing too big, besides 60 bucks...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby EK711 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:18 pm

Don't feel too bad. I've got a lost wallet story that may help cheer you up a little bit.

The worst thing I've seen is when one of my buddies lost his wallet while on spring break in Panama City. Our second day of a week there and we were all pretty drunk (imagine that), and a lot of people at our hotel ended up taking a late night swim in the gulf. My friend lost his wallet in the ocean, and then we had to take shifts keeping him company sitting on the beach drinking because he didn't have an ID to get into all the bars that we wanted to hit up. I felt so bad for him, but it was really funny. :-b

It must suck to lose your wallet, but at least you didn't lose it on vacation. !+)
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:32 pm

I lost my wallet once when I was 16. I've never lost one since then. Consider it a good sign: You're losing your wallet now before you get old enough to have a lot of important things in it - like the company card.

I would be in deep doo doo if I lost that... :-o
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:46 pm

WharfRat wrote:This one time, I left my wallet in El Segundo.

Tribe called Quest reference- I'm diggin' it. ;-D

I've never lost my wallet but several times I've been stupid enough to send it through the washing machine. ;-7

Learn from your mistake this first time and quit losing your wallet. Wear cargo pants and keep the wallet in your cargo pocket like I do- tough for it to fall out. Check for it before you get up and go anywhere. For me its- Keys: check, cellphone: check, wallet: check- now I can leave.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby RyanK » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:57 pm

sooooo after cleaning out my car it somehow ended up in the passenger side door.... :-B

I thought i had put it in my pocket.... well thats releving..

EK711- that mustve sucked for your friend

simulacrum... im not getting your sig... arod likes electric sheep?
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:00 pm

RyanK wrote:sooooo after cleaning out my car it somehow ended up in the passenger side door.... :-B

I thought i had put it in my pocket.... well thats releving..

EK711- that mustve sucked for your friend

simulacrum... im not getting your sig... arod likes electric sheep?

It's from the book "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" Kind of implying that A-Rod is such a hitting machine that he has to be an android or something. It's a vague reference that only dorks like me would understand or appreciate. ;-7

One of the best books ever though if you're into that sort of thing. ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby RyanK » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:23 pm

i see.. yah i dont think that books for me.. if you didnt add the hitting machine after android i wouldve had to go look it up...
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk