new fantasy player needs help......how's this roster? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

new fantasy player needs help......how's this roster?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

new fantasy player needs help......how's this roster?

Postby scudsteven » Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:34 pm

Not sure that I've much to offer on other's! First time fantasy baseball player. Holding a weak 4th place out of 10 teams. Not sure what to call the scoring system -- 10 for highest/1 for lowest in about 18 categories. Needing help with RBIs, doubles/triples, walks (for hitters). Strong in average and stolen bases. Pitching help need includes saves and strikeouts. I've been offered Barry Bonds for Renteria....holding off on that for now.

C Hernandez, Ramon (C-Oak)
1B Durazo, Erubiel (1B, DH-Oak
2B Soriano, Alfonso (2B-NYY)
3B Hillenbrand, Shea (3B, 1B-Ari)
SS Renteria, Edgar
LF Mora, Melvin (LF, SS, CF-Bal)
CF Edmonds, Jim (CF-StL)
RF Gibbons, Jay (RF, 1B-Bal)
Util Furcal, Rafael (SS-Atl)
Bench Jones, Jacque (LF-Min)
Bench Palmeiro, Rafael (1B, DH-Tex)
Bench Suzuki, Ichiro (RF-Sea)

SP Millwood, Kevin (SP-Phi)
SP Valdes, Ismael (SP-Tex)
RP Smoltz, John (RP-Atl)
RP Koch, Billy (RP-CWS)
P Politte, Cliff (RP-Tor)
P Kim, Byung-Hyun (RP, SP-Bos)
P Donnelly, Brendan (RP-Ana)
Bench Brown, Kevin (SP, RP-LA)
Bench Hernandez, Livan (SP-Mon)
scudsteven
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SweeneyTodd » Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:12 pm

Okay, first off, the trade for Bonds is a no-brainer because you have Furcal backing up Renteria, both of whom are super starters at SS, and if you need RBI Bonds can help, and he won't hurt you unless he permenently injures himself. You have infinite options in your depth, so there should be no batting category you're weak in.
Your pitching is a little thin, but not bad. First of all, you need to be starting Kevin Brown over Valdes yesterday. With Smoltz and Koch and Politte you have no need for Donnelly, so try to find a good starter on the waiver wire to plug in there, or go out and trade away some of that outfield depth for another solid starter. Your pitching looks good in every category except Wins and Ks, I can't imagine how you're down in Saves unless some other team has Gagne and about three other closers. Go look for a quality starter and maybe a better catcher, and see if you can deal Ichiro or Mora while he's red-hot for some RBI stud like Vernon Wells or Garrett Anderson and you could be in first by June.
Randa: Winless Joe in MO
SweeneyTodd
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ggatwork » Tue Jun 03, 2003 6:25 pm

I think that you should make the Bonds for Renteria because Bonds should be able to help you with RBIs and you have another quality SS so you're not losing anything at shortshop while gaining more RBIs. Also, you have a nice amount of outfielders, so I would suggest trying to trade one of them for a guy who is more effective in getting RBIs.

As for pitching, it seems like you have enough closers, so unless I'm misunderstanding something, you should be fine. Starting pitching wise, it might be good to try to pick up someone on the waivers who is getting the K's or make a multi-player trade where prehaps you can get that RBI guy and a strikeout starting pitcher.
ggatwork
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bricks » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:31 pm

this is an awesome team, yeah grab bonds real quick cause you got furcal. you might want to trade ichiro for another SP, and i would start palmeiro instead of durazo. trade him with ichiro for an ace pitcher, and you should be all right.
Bricks

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team