Tell me about Brad Wilkerson........ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Tell me about Brad Wilkerson........

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tell me about Brad Wilkerson........

Postby TownDrunk » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:35 pm

Got off to a hot start, hurt his arm, and has cooled off quite a bit. Does anyone have any more info about him? Do you think he'll be able to turn it around some fairly soon?

Thanks in advance ;-D
TownDrunk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AT » Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:47 pm

There was a whole thread talking down to me that Wilkerson was going to have a much better season than Paul Konerko this season and I was crazy for drafting Konerko ahead of him ;-D

Konerko
.242 15HR 41RBI 36R

Hitting .292 with 6HR, 14RBI and 18R in the last month

Wilkerson
.285 3HR 21RBI 29R 4SB

Hitting .269 in the last month with 0HR, 4RBI and 10R

God, I love being right...
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Irish » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:55 pm

Atrophying Testicles wrote:There was a whole thread talking down to me that Wilkerson was going to have a much better season than Paul Konerko this season and I was crazy for drafting Konerko ahead of him ;-D

Konerko
.242 15HR 41RBI 36R

Wilkerson
.285 3HR 21RBI 29R 4SB

Actually the thread was about who would be more valuable based on needs(SB's, Runs vs HR RBI) and didn't say that you were "crazy" and you weren't being talked down to. The consensus was for konerko, but an argument could be made for Wilkerson if you had power already.

Konerko has had the better season obviously, but I think your memory is a bit fogged. :-?

Anything to pump the ego right?
BILL HALL EN FUEGO!
Irish
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BobbyRoberto » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:15 am

Wilkerson's been getting on base lately, but he still isn't scoring much and not driving in any runs from the leadoff spot with the pitcher and Christian Guzman (hitting like a pitcher) batting ahead of him when the lineup turns over. 32 homers last year to 3 so far this year, not scoring runs, not driving in runs, he's just not getting it done.

On top of that, the Nationals' park is playing as an extreme pitcher's park, which is affecting Wilkerson's production. In '04, he had the benefit of his home park. This year, the park is killing his power.

Home: .231/.375/.356
Away: .333/.389/.564

Home: .262/.376/.513
Away: .249/.372/.485

I have him and don't know what to do with him. He's playing 3 straight series on the road, so I might keep him for the next week-and-a-half, but I don't know.
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby mbuser » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:06 pm

apparently his arm injury has really affected his HR power -- although he does already have 25 2B. maybe i should have sold high early :-?
mbuser
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 23)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby AT » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Irish wrote:
Atrophying Testicles wrote:There was a whole thread talking down to me that Wilkerson was going to have a much better season than Paul Konerko this season and I was crazy for drafting Konerko ahead of him ;-D

Konerko
.242 15HR 41RBI 36R

Wilkerson
.285 3HR 21RBI 29R 4SB

Actually the thread was about who would be more valuable based on needs(SB's, Runs vs HR RBI) and didn't say that you were "crazy" and you weren't being talked down to. The consensus was for konerko, but an argument could be made for Wilkerson if you had power already.

Konerko has had the better season obviously, but I think your memory is a bit fogged. :-?

Anything to pump the ego right?

Ummm sure. Anything to make you guys feel better for being wrong right?
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:22 pm

(Injury + RFK Stadium) - (Olympic Stadium + Hiram Bithorn) = :-/

He was also playing a little above his head that first month, I'd say. Plus, the Nats' lineup is short on pop in general, except for Johnson. It seems like Guillen et. al. aren't knocking people in the way they should. I'm happy with the results for now, but from I fantasy perspective I'm a wee bit disappointed in Guillen. The Nats are just built for low-scoring games,
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers