The Ultimate In Virtual Reality - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Ultimate In Virtual Reality

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby mvbb » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:26 pm

Wow...that was kind of disturbing...

Couldn't you get sued for something like that? And does the guy have any recollection of what happened?
mvbb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SHOCKandAWE » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:55 pm

<---------------------------------Thinks that isn't real!
SHOCKandAWE
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby reznorsboy » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:08 pm

Couple of things that don't make sense. Wouldn't the friends act a little more surprised when the guy first comes out, and How does he knock him out the second time when he is supposed to be in the game?
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stevethumb » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:19 pm

and i thought i was gullible !!!
stevethumb
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby j24jags » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:26 pm

that was INSANE

idk if its possible tho
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mets4Life » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:32 pm

This confuddles me :-?
Mets4Life
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:28 am

That actually reminds me of a "fantasy camp" based on Aliens, that I saw on some TV show on Discovery 5-10 years ago. I guess some guy in Europe (I think) started a kind of paintball-type camp where you'd go and reenact Aliens, dressed up like colonial marines and the whole deal. Looked freakin SWEET, but I don't know if it still exists.
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Madison » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:37 am

Interesting video. ;-D

I'm going to say it was all a work though. Just doesn't add up to me. Friends didn't act surprised enough, the guy not realizing that the gun wasn't real, the video cutting off right at the end before you can hear more of what he said, etc.

Pretty cool idea though, if it's possible. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby daullaz » Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:50 am

Madison wrote:Interesting video. ;-D

I'm going to say it was all a work though. Just doesn't add up to me. Friends didn't act surprised enough, the guy not realizing that the gun wasn't real, the video cutting off right at the end before you can hear more of what he said, etc.

Those are all good points. The friends at the beginning didn't look too shocked, but there was a TV camera right in their faces after their friend passed out. I imagine I would have a similar type of reaction, which would be total confusion.

It's not really about the gun either. He comes to, and all of a sudden he has to contend with zombies coming at him. In his hand is a gun. He fires it at one zombie, and it works, the zombie goes down. At that point, it's his only defense, so he keeps on firing as long as it's working. Hell, if I was in that same situation and you put a toaster in my hands instead of a gun, I'd be toaster-bludgeoning some zombies.

The video cutting off is somewhat suspicious, and added up with the other stuff it seems to be part of the hoax, but it could just as easily have been bad editing.

The biggest problem I have, which was mentioned before, was the process of putting the guy back into a coma. They flashed him with the lights the first time. The second time, while zombie were moaning, groaning and advancing on the poor kid in a very slow fashion, this random guy who is obviously not a zombie walks up to the kid and taps him on the forehead. Lights out. This seems vaguely familiar with the bits old magicians used to do in traveling road shows, but as an outside observer that doesn't know much about catatonic states, it did not look plausible at all.

Still a great show. ;-D
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)

Postby WharfRat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:28 am

daullaz wrote:
Madison wrote:Interesting video. ;-D

Those are all good points. The friends at the beginning didn't look too shocked, but there was a TV camera right in their faces after their friend passed out. I imagine I would have a similar type of reaction, which would be total confusion.

It's not really about the gun either. He comes to, and all of a sudden he has to contend with zombies coming at him. In his hand is a gun. He fires it at one zombie, and it works, the zombie goes down. At that point, it's his only defense, so he keeps on firing as long as it's working. Hell, if I was in that same situation and you put a toaster in my hands instead of a gun, I'd be toaster-bludgeoning some zombies.

The video cutting off is somewhat suspicious, and added up with the other stuff it seems to be part of the hoax, but it could just as easily have been bad editing.

The biggest problem I have, which was mentioned before, was the process of putting the guy back into a coma. They flashed him with the lights the first time. The second time, while zombie were moaning, groaning and advancing on the poor kid in a very slow fashion, this random guy who is obviously not a zombie walks up to the kid and taps him on the forehead. Lights out. This seems vaguely familiar with the bits old magicians used to do in traveling road shows, but as an outside observer that doesn't know much about catatonic states, it did not look plausible at all.

Still a great show. ;-D

Well, think about when someone is hypnotized (which is legit, it really happens). The person can seem completely normal, but then they'll hear a bell or something and start acting like a chicken, or whatever, and they're extremely responsive to the sound of the hypnotists's voice. This seems to be a similar condition, so I do think that it's possible. Doesn't mean it's not faked, although I really want it to be legit. ;-D
1 3 4 6 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49 51

8.14.07: "I guess heaven needed a shortstop."
WharfRat
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk