Ervin Santana - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ervin Santana

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ervin Santana

Postby Trot Nixon » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:48 am

I haven't seen any offical word of him getting called up but CBS has him down for starting tonights game against the Nats. What's your feeling on how he'll do the rest of the year? I watched him pitch against the White Sox when he threw a CG and the kid looks legit. Nasty nasty stuff. But is he only a short term call up like last time or is he here to stay? ;-D
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Box » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:02 am

Worth a shot while Escobar out, he should get 2-4 starts in. Then after Escobar comes back and hurts himself again, they'll call Santana back for the rest of the season.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby thehat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:49 pm

I'll say Santana has a chance to pitch his way into the mix if he resembles the guy who dominated in his second big league start. That's a pretty big if...but if he does throw a pair of gems standing in for Escobar, the decision to send him back to Salt Lake gets a lot tougher!
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 pm

Via Rotoworld:
Kelvim Escobar - S - Angels
Kelvim Escobar (elbow) expects his latest stint on the disabled list to be longer than a couple weeks.
By choosing not to have surgery on his injured elbow, Escobar is risking further damage down the road. However, he said he hopes to return around the All-Star break. ''I'm definitely going to need more than two weeks off, because we want to be very careful with this,'' Escobar said. ''It's going to take longer to get back out there, and if I have a setback I'll be out even longer. The last thing I want is to have surgery, but at that point, I'll have run out of options.'' Jun. 14 - 8:59 am et
Source: Los Angeles Times

Let's just say it's not looking real optimistic for Kelvim this summer. And by the time he gets back, who knows if another Ana — oops, L.A. — pitcher will be hurt (Byrd apparently got dinged last night).
Ultimately, of course, it'll come down to Santana living up to the promise ... but if he does, I don't see how the Angels will be able to demote him.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 6)

Postby AT » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:41 pm

Box wrote:Worth a shot while Escobar out, he should get 2-4 starts in. Then after Escobar comes back and hurts himself again, they'll call Santana back for the rest of the season.

That sounds about right.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trot Nixon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:49 am

Edit: Just as I typed "in line for the win tonight" bang, 2 run shot off of a reliever to tie the game up oooooooops...sorry Angels fans. But the kid looks legit
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:58 am

Note that Paul Byrd, while expecting to make his next start on schedule, now has a tender elbow. Given his unfortunate history of elbow problems, this is worth noting.

I think Santana's gonna be stickin' around this time.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:44 am

thehat wrote:Note that Paul Byrd, while expecting to make his next start on schedule, now has a tender elbow. Given his unfortunate history of elbow problems, this is worth noting.

I think Santana's gonna be stickin' around this time.

Byrd, Byrd, Byrd is the word.

I am surprised that the angels were letting Kelvim pitch with bone chips/spur in the elbow (anyone know which one it was?)
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Secret Avatar » Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:03 am

Santana looked very sharp last night. I think he ran out of gas a bit in the end, but he was dominating up until then, and would have had his second win but for poor relief pitching.
I am the Master. Don't question the Master. Just do what he says and be proud.
Secret Avatar
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Krunk City King$ » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:06 pm

Secret Avatar wrote:Santana looked very sharp last night. I think he ran out of gas a bit in the end, but he was dominating up until then, and would have had his second win but for poor relief pitching.

the kid probably had a long emotional week. there were rumblings that he might get called up but the results from esco's MRI had to come back. so who knows what this ordeal and how to prepare for it took what kind of a toll on him.

but the kid did well....hopefully for your team, mine and the angels, he can keep this up.....

;-D
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers