Should Yankees start to sell of the team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Should Yankees start to sell of the team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should the Yanks start dumping the Junk and Rebuild for the next WS run?

Yes....trade all the old junk and lets get ready for the next WS run
33%
No....give the team time to make a run for the championship again
33%
Indifferent...I just hate the Yankees
33%

Total votes : 12

Postby gyanksman » Thu Jun 16, 2005 4:36 pm

The Yankees need to rebuild the farm system. I do not think we should get rid of Sheff, A-Rod, Jeter, Mariano, Moose, Pavano, and Matsui. We need to rebuild and look to a future team who will win it for us. However I still have faith we are way to good to be playing like this. Hopefully God will bless us again and the Yankees will take their rightful place atop the AL East. As my granfather used to say God is a Yankee Fan.
gyanksman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:07 am

Agreed...teh Yanks must rebuild the farm system and there would have been no better way than to start with this years amatuer draft. Well as the ongoing trend continues George had one of his "Tampa Bay geniuses" run the draft and they screwed it up again. David Oppenheim dropped the ball. MLB scouts rank the Yanks as having a dirt poor draft. As long as George has this fetish with his incompetent Tampa advisors, the Yanks will continur to sink and become a team of junk. Remember, it was this ingenious Tampa regime that gave us Womack, Sheffield over Vlad, overpaid Pavano (I still like him but just think he needs to adjust a lil to the AL. He's adequate and not as bad as he's looked), signed Jeter and Bernie to L-T contracts late as opposed to early thus they became more expensive, let Mark Prior slip away over a measley 100,000 but then agian gave 1,000,000 plus to every Cuban player that defected to the US proclaiming "Viva Los Yankees". Until George finally tells his infalliable Tampa Folks "your Fired" the Yanks will die a slow death. There are alot of very very shrewd baseball folks in the game however George thinks he has the market in them and the one man he should heed advice from Gene Micheal is on his shit list for some reason. What credentials do Billy Connors (pitching guru???), David Oppenheim and even Doc Gooden have that they should have such weight in management and scouting decisions over Micheal? I think their qualifications are "Yes Sir George", "that's a great idea George", "I totally agree with you 110% George" and "can I please kiss your ass many times over George so you keep me in your posse George". I think it's time that George, for all the good he has done for the Yankees, just goes away for good. For all his good done he has also become a very devisive force leading the Yanks.

It's not just the Tradition.....its Aura and Mystique
dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DannyMyron89 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:32 am

WOW if we traded away MAtsui that would be the biggest slap ion the face to him and the Japanese bond the yankees build over the past few years, he probably would not sign back...
how did colon win the cy young??

the world is comming to an end...woody paige has a Hall of Fame vote
DannyMyron89
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:54 am

DannyMyron89 wrote:WOW if we traded away MAtsui that would be the biggest slap ion the face to him and the Japanese bond the yankees build over the past few years, he probably would not sign back...

You'd have to thoroughly explain to him the circumstances. That he'd go to a new city to play for a couple months, then come back to us in the offseason.

It could work with him, but I doubt it would fly with the Japanese media.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:06 am

Who said anything about trading Matsui?? Did this become the Mets forum because then it would make sense?? ;-7
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:56 am

Lofunzo wrote:Who said anything about trading Matsui?? Did this become the Mets forum because then it would make sense?? ;-7

Joel Sherman Yankee beat writer for the NY Post suggested weeks back that the Yanks should start trading their aging talent to replenish a wrecked and bone dry minor league system which only became more desperate after the Yankees weak amatuer draft this year.

In addition to shopping off their overpaid older talent he suggested that the Yanks ship Matsui off on a agreed "Rental" basis. The agreement would be with Matsui where the Yanks promise him taht they would "aggressively pursue" him in the offseason when he is a free agent. As in "signed sealed and delivered" back to the Yanks at a pre agreed upon hand shake agreement. If this was done, I really beleive that everyone within the Yankees would agree to the deal only on the condition that Matsui agrees to returns and of course matsui would have to agree to go along with the plan. As far as not flying with Matsui's media contingent and the fans in Japan, if handled properly through the media and with Matsui's tactfully "buffered comments" all will be ok. Besides in Asian culture and especially Japanese it is stressed that the sum of the whole is mighter than the sum of one so as long as this is seen as a move which helps the Yankees and Matusi returns to them as a Free Agent, his cult status in Japan will only intensify as he will be seen as the ultimate selfless warrior (aka samurai - no pun intended). Imagine the sentiment in Japan....The Great Matsui sacrificing himself for the betterment of his team so that they could get a few high end prospects. Only to return to the Yanks rejoining them in a better state than when he had left. The better condition dully resulting from his personal sacrifice. Wow that would really feed up to Japanese culture and Matsui's fans. His legend would only grow if handled properly.

dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:50 am

Thanks for the explanation. I like Sherman's articles. Did he mention that if he only had a few months left on his contract, the Yankees wouldn't get as much??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby dimaggio5 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:27 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I like Sherman's articles. Did he mention that if he only had a few months left on his contract, the Yankees wouldn't get as much??

Hey Lofunzo,

Don't recall if he stated that but he might've have. I like Sherman too. Also like it when he's on New York 1. Very insightful and a rational beat writer. Never far from the truth and consistant in his tempo which is somewhere around borderline impartiality.

Now Vacarro is someone I really don't like reading. No offense if you enjoy his articles too. He is a real "bandwagon" writer IMO. When the Yanks are hot he heaps mounds of praise and accolades on everyone but Gene Monahan. When they are struggling or on a losing streak he's quick to condemn and call for heads or liability of the situation. Too fickle for me to take his writing seriously. This writer probably would've condemned Mother Teresa too at the first moment she faltered in her grace.

dimaggio5
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to New York Yankees