qqqqqqqqqqqqq - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

qqqqqqqqqqqqq

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:35 pm

Don't get yourself down mang.

If you want it enough, you'll get there.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mustangs989 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:51 pm

kingctb27 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:Well best of luck to you ... that's all I could give since I don't know jack about stress fractures. Track is the, and it'd be tragic if you'd have to hang up your spikes.

Track freaking blows. I don't see y anyone would want to run a damn race. All you do is make left turns untill the race is over. Whats the point in that. Learn to play a real mans sport like Tennis }:-)

You guys are both wrong, Golf is where it's at ;-)

If I had to choose between them though I'd say Track. I ran when I was in MS and was a fairly decent 400-800 runner. It also helped me out in my other sports ;-D
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:55 pm

It basically depends on what type of fracture it is (yes there are different types). Regardless, it isn't the end of your track career, no way. But like the others have said, for now you need to try and keep the pressure off it until you get an X-ray. It is possible that it isn't a fracture, just soft tissue damage.

Whatever the verdict, if you wanna recover as quick as possible I'd suggest getting treatment like accupuncture on it to improve the circulation to the area, and help its recovery. The extremeties are naturally the hardest parts to recover from injury because of the lack of circulation. If you are diabetic, then you definately need to have some accupuncture on it.

Also, until you can get crutches, use some strapping tape, and strap your ankle tightly in place, that way you arent putting any pressure laterally on anything that might be damaged or inflamed.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby davidmarver » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:02 am

JTWood wrote:ps - I've been playing tennis for almost 15 years with a chronically subluxating serving shoulder (it comes out of the socket when I serve). If you love the sport, the injury will only be a mild inconvenience.

Is that what that's called? My arm used to do the same thing after every pitch...never knew the name. Thanks ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:23 am

Transmogrifier wrote:I'd go to the hospital and wait.

Same here. ;-D

If you really don't want to do that, have you thought of trying another drugstore for a brace? Worst case, wrap it in an Ace bandage. Any support at all would be beneficial. :-)

Here's hoping it's just a mild sprain and will heal quickly. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby DaQ » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:55 am

qqqqqqqq
Last edited by DaQ on Wed May 16, 2012 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:55 am

so0perspam wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:Well best of luck to you ... that's all I could give since I don't know jack about stress fractures. Track is the, and it'd be tragic if you'd have to hang up your spikes.

Track freaking blows. I don't see y anyone would want to run a damn race. All you do is make left turns untill the race is over. Whats the point in that. Learn to play a real mans sport like Tennis }:-)

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

There are so many reasons.

You can lose yourself in your workout. Where there's nothing else but you and the track or you and the trail. Stillness. Focus. Somehow disconnection from the world around you and somehow the most connected you've ever been to things. Release.

Major stress relief. It's great for the body and mind. I like the shape that I'm in when I'm in shape from running.

Pushing and accomplishing that extra mile. Shaving those seconds off your time.

It's kind of addictive. It's kinda like a drug sometimes.

Definitely. ;-D I never ran competetively in school or anything, but I run now and I completely agree with everything soop said. ;-D

As for the injury, I have no idea. I've been fortunate (lucky) enough to have never had a serious injury (sprain, broken bone, knock on wood) but I would think that getting into see an expert ASAP at any cost would be the only way to go, but that's just me. :-?
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby JTWood » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:00 am

davidmarver wrote:
JTWood wrote:ps - I've been playing tennis for almost 15 years with a chronically subluxating serving shoulder (it comes out of the socket when I serve). If you love the sport, the injury will only be a mild inconvenience.

Is that what that's called? My arm used to do the same thing after every pitch...never knew the name. Thanks ;-D

As the doctors have told me, it's a dislocation only if it stays out of the socket. It's a subluxation if it goes partially or completely out and then goes back in on its own.

Do you still have the problem?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:07 am

Madison wrote:
Transmogrifier wrote:I'd go to the hospital and wait.

Same here. ;-D

If you really don't want to do that, have you thought of trying another drugstore for a brace? Worst case, wrap it in an Ace bandage. Any support at all would be beneficial. :-)

Here's hoping it's just a mild sprain and will heal quickly. ;-D

I agree that's what I would have done. Don't wait and let these things start to heal on their own. As for driving, you're young so it might be tougher but you can always drive with your left foot for a while.

Best of luck. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby warrick95 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:12 pm

Lol, soop, you're nuts. :-D

Good luck, DaQ. I doubt it means the end of your career. I've broken my ankle twice and it tightens up at strange times, but it hasn't really stopped me completely from doing things. You might have to tape it up a little more, though, to prevent future injuries.

I miss football. :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( :,-( Blocking a bigger guy is like a freaking drug.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk