My Dream Team - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

My Dream Team

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My Dream Team

Postby BronXBombers51 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:05 pm

C- Jorge Posada
Guys a true Yank, whether he's hitting now or not. He's been through thick and thin in pinstripes, and should remain a Yankee until his career is over.

1B- Nick Johnson
I know it's Monday Morning Quarterbacking but I wish they had kept Johnson all along. Vazquez was crap and Johnson is evolving into a very good player. I think he could be the new generation Tino, solid bat, good defense for the Yankees if they somehow could get him back.

2B- Robinson Cano
Finally the Yankees have a young homegrown talent. The guy has alot of potential both at the plate and in the field. For once, they need to keep their youth. Play this guy at second.

3B- Unknown #1
I don't know exactly who's out there, but I'm tired of A-Rod. In just 1 and 1/2 years, I can already conclude that A-Rod is exactly the the type of player who has an unbelievable talent, but does not belong on a team like the Yankees. He will put up amazing numbers, in New York or otherwise, but won't come through with the big hit in the big situation. He doesn't belong with the Yankees.
The Yankees need to find a good player to play third. Not a superstar. Not a 25 million dollar man. A good player. A Scott Brosius. Enough with these superstars. Bring back the team chemistry. I don't know exactly who, but not Alex.

SS- Derek Jeter
Obviously. Guy's the Yankee captain and one of the best players in the game of baseball.

LF- Hideki Matsui
Guy reminds me of the new Paul O'Neill. Not a homerun hitter, he rips line drives, just like Pauly did. He's got a great attitude and is not a big weakness in the field either. One of the Yankees who isn't original that I want them to keep.

CF- Vernon Wells?
A CF that I really like for some reason is Vernon Wells. He's not a superstar like Sheffield or Rodriguez, but he's a premier young CF, something hard to find. I don't know if there's any concievable way the Yankees could get him, but this my dream team so BACK OFF. I don't know much about his personal attitude but I haven't heard anything bad about him. He'll give you solid 30 homerun 100+ RBI .285 seasons with excellent defense. Something the Yankees lack.

RF- Unknown #2
Just like A-Rod, I'm sick and tired of these selfish superstars. Sheffield is an amazing hitter but he's a jerkoff and they need to eliminate that from their team. In the 1990's, they Yankees never had a set left-fielder, but they had a rock in Paul O'Neill in right field. I think the Paul O'Neill role on this team is Matsui. They need to find a tough, hardnose player to play in right. Not overpaid clowns like Sheffield. They need to get a guy who'll go out and give 100%. Like 3B, I'm not sure who that person is, but they need to find him. Possibly Huff?

DH- Bernie Williams/Tino Martinez
Two of the truest Yankees ever. It was a horrible disrespect to Tino when they let him go, they can't make the same mistake again, or with Bernie. They aren't what they used to be, but what they did in the late 90's and early 00's gives them a right to wear the pinstripes until they retire. Platoon them at DH, as they both still can hit a little bit.

SP- Mike Mussina
I know he can be whiny at times, but he seems like a good guy and can still pitch. What he did in the playoffs last year for the Yankees was great, and he can still be effective, though maybe not as a number 1 starter.

SP- AJ Burnett
He's a free agent at the end of 2005 and is one of the premeir, hard-throwing young guns in the league. Forget Pavano and Wright, this guy is actually proven. He's a slight injury risk, but he's been ok for a couple of years now, and I think he can fit into the big apple.

SP- Andy Pettitte
Should've never let him go, one of the biggest mistakes in recent Yankee history. He's in the upper echelon of left-handed starter in the league, and proved time and time again he could pitch with alot on the line.

SP- Jon Lieber
Never should have let him go either. Guy was coming off major reconstructive surgery and still had a very good year. He improved with each start and was an absolute ace in the playoffs. I can't believe they let this guy walk for Jaret Wright.

SP- Chien-Ming Wang
Same thing as Cano. It's good to see a young talent come out of the Yankees farm system, and I don't want to see him go. He's been one of, if not the Yankees best pitcher this season. It's time they held onto their youth.

Bullpen- Revamp the entire friggen' thing besides Mariano and Sturtze. Quantrill, Stanton, Gordon, Rodriguez, Groom, etc. aren't going to cut it. None of them have done anything in a big spot. It's times like these I wish they still had Yhency Brazoban in their bullpen. Find some decent arms, not top dollar setup men with catchy nicknames who blow in the playoffs (coughflashcough).

Anyway, that's my dream team. I know it's probably never going to happen but I think a team like this, built around team chemistry and winning attitudes, would be a much better team than the roster they have now. Thoughts? Opinions?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to New York Yankees