Pink Floyd to Reunite!! YESSSSSSSSSS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pink Floyd to Reunite!! YESSSSSSSSSS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:02 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I understand and I hear ya. Skynard is more of the exception but there are examples out there. I am also amazed how Skynard has really hung on because of a few songs. Mainly 1 but there are a few.

I'm not really a big Skynard fan to begin with, but the new stuff they're putting out -- at least what they play on the radio around here -- is just awful. :-P
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:45 pm

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:I understand and I hear ya. Skynard is more of the exception but there are examples out there. I am also amazed how Skynard has really hung on because of a few songs. Mainly 1 but there are a few.

I'm not really a big Skynard fan to begin with, but the new stuff they're putting out -- at least what they play on the radio around here -- is just awful. :-P

But people keep going to see them because of Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama. It's amazing. Kinda like Steve Miller Band. He tours about 15 times per album but people keep going to see him because of his Best Of album.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Postby davidmarver » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:38 am

Lofunzo wrote:

But people keep going to see them because of Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama. It's amazing. Kinda like Steve Miller Band. He tours about 15 times per album but people keep going to see him because of his Best Of album.

He had more hits than just Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama. Simple Man and Tuesdays Gone come to mind. And it's Skynyrd, not Skynard. ;-D
davidmarver
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:15 am

davidmarver wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

He had more hits than just Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama. Simple Man and Tuesdays Gone come to mind. And it's Skynyrd, not Skynard. ;-D

Thanks for the grammar lesson. ;-7

I said that they had a few hits but that they have lived on Freebird and Sweet Home Alabama. I stand by that. People from all over the world know those 2 songs. I know many more but most people don't. That's what I meant. ;-D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 18)

Previous

Return to General Talk