Pink Floyd to Reunite!! YESSSSSSSSSS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Pink Floyd to Reunite!! YESSSSSSSSSS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pokeyouindaeye » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:37 pm

Grammaton Clerics have been dispatched to your house immediately.

Have A Nice Day.
Yes, I was, uh... I was thinking about ordering the tape, the videotape... about the college girls and the... the wild... the wildness. They're going wild or something? Somebody told me... about going wild.
-Larry David
Pokeyouindaeye
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:00 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:Best band ever...I don't care what the Cafe battle of the classic bands said!

Floyd couldn't touch Zeppelin if they tried.

Finally, a Yankee fan who knows what he's talking about. ;-7

As for PF I guess it's just me, but I hate it when great bands hang on past their time. Hopefully that won't happen here, but that's always been the allure -- for me at least -- of bands like like Zeppelin and the Beatles, they didn't have a million and one "final tours" or "reunion tour VII" or try to reinvent themselves to stay relevant. :-P
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby acsguitar » Tue Jun 14, 2005 10:34 am

SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
BronXBombers51 wrote:
wkelly91 wrote:Best band ever...I don't care what the Cafe battle of the classic bands said!

As for PF I guess it's just me, but I hate it when great bands hang on past their time. Hopefully that won't happen here, but that's always been the allure -- for me at least -- of bands like like Zeppelin and the Beatles, they didn't have a million and one "final tours" or "reunion tour VII" or try to reinvent themselves to stay relevant. :-P

Blah Floyd is better then Zeppelin...Jimmy Page may be god and Bonham is sick but the lyrics and voice of Robert Plant just don't do it for me...Yes Zeppelin rocks but Floyd is way cooler IMO...
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:11 am

BronXBombers51 wrote:

I understand and agree but there is a big difference here. Led Zep and The Beatles lost a key member late in their careers so keeping it going would have been tough although Led Zep tried like hell. Even got Bonham's son to play with them. This point is why I hold a grudge against Aerosmith and Metallica. Each should have packed it in a long time ago. :-°
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Rkiivs » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:50 pm

They're meddling around with a wall of more echoes than their final cut.

Don't get me wrong, I don't go so far as to hold a grudge against either band. I won't enter into the "my band is better than your band" rhetoric; it's a moot point for me. Their time has come and gone. I grew up listening to those first five Zep albums as an energy-charged teen. I don't think I'll hear anything as exciting as those first five studio albums at the time (which is NOT the same as listening to all five of them today in your living room).

It's time for me to ramble on.
Rkiivs Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Innovative Member

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:31 pm

acsguitar wrote:Blah Floyd is better then Zeppelin...Jimmy Page may be god and Bonham is sick but the lyrics and voice of Robert Plant just don't do it for me...Yes Zeppelin rocks but Floyd is way cooler IMO...

I used to think that about Plant (I got into them because of Page, Bohnam and Jones), but after a while it's really grown on me. For as main stream as some of their stuff has become (most of IV and parts of II), I still contend they're an acquired taste for the large part. Don't get me wrong though, Floyd is definitely top 2-3 in my book. ;-D
Lofunzo wrote:I understand and agree but there is a big difference here. Led Zep and The Beatles lost a key member late in their careers so keeping it going would have been tough although Led Zep tried like hell. Even got Bonham's son to play with them.

True, but that hasn't stopped some bands from continuing to hang on (Skynard comes to mind for me).
Lofunzo wrote:This point is why I hold a grudge against Aerosmith and Metallica. Each should have packed it in a long time ago. :-°

I'm the same way. For me it also takes away from what they did while at the top of their careers.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:50 pm

I heard this news, I'm stoked. Gilmour and Waters put out some absolutely amazing records. I think "The Final Cut" was their last collaboration together as Pink Floyd :-?

I don't care if they should have packed it in a long time ago- a la Metallica and Rolling Stones. This is the legendary PINK FLOYD. They can do no wrong in my eyes. ;-D

Can anyone really name one album, or even one song by them that's not fantastic?
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:59 pm

Lofunzo wrote:I understand and agree but there is a big difference here. Led Zep and The Beatles lost a key member late in their careers so keeping it going would have been tough although Led Zep tried like hell. Even got Bonham's son to play with them.

True, but that hasn't stopped some bands from continuing to hang on (Skynard comes to mind for me).

I understand and I hear ya. Skynard is more of the exception but there are examples out there. I am also amazed how Skynard has really hung on because of a few songs. Mainly 1 but there are a few.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Strasil42 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:00 pm

davidmarver wrote:The Beatles are by far the best songwriters ever. Led Zeppelin may be the best rock band ever. Pink Floyd is the most creative band ever.

Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Meddle were ridiculous albums.

Don't forget about Animals.
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:02 pm

Strasil42 wrote:
davidmarver wrote:The Beatles are by far the best songwriters ever. Led Zeppelin may be the best rock band ever. Pink Floyd is the most creative band ever.

Dark Side of the Moon, The Wall, and Meddle were ridiculous albums.

Don't forget about Animals.

Wish You Were Here and Obscured by Clouds too ;-D

Animals or WYWH would probably be my fave.
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk