Prince Fielder set to debut in Tampa Bay - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prince Fielder set to debut in Tampa Bay

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:26 pm

Steve-o wrote:Very exciting time to be a brewer fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

It basically says that Prince will get some time at DH for the next week. No threat to Overbay.


Yeah no threat unless he belts like 5 homers in the next week. :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby JRM4833 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:27 pm

Image

________________
One man with courage makes a majority.
Andrew Jackson
JRM4833
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3308
(Past Year: 5)
Joined: 18 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Where else ... Boston

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:27 pm

Yoda wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Very exciting time to be a brewer fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

It basically says that Prince will get some time at DH for the next week. No threat to Overbay.


Yeah no threat unless he belts like 5 homers in the next week. :-D


Hey it's against the Rays, basically the same pitching that he has faced in AAA and has 15 HR's against. Don't give Prince any ideas. :-b
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby tmoney » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:35 pm

This is pretty exciting. Cecil Fielder was a lot of fun to watch, and I have been looking forward to seeing Prince play for a while now.
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1502
Joined: 15 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:37 pm

hybrid wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Very exciting time to be a brewer fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

It basically says that Prince will get some time at DH for the next week. No threat to Overbay.


Yeah no threat unless he belts like 5 homers in the next week. :-D


Hey it's against the Rays, basically the same pitching that he has faced in AAA and has 15 HR's against. Don't give Prince any ideas. :-b


I hope Prince hits like 10 homers. Then we'll see how quickly they move Overbay to another position.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 21344
Joined: 21 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: 15th green...

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:46 pm

Quick should I drop Arod for him?



















j/k O:-)
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:00 pm

Yoda wrote:
hybrid wrote:
Yoda wrote:
Steve-o wrote:Very exciting time to be a brewer fan.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=f ... &type=lgns

It basically says that Prince will get some time at DH for the next week. No threat to Overbay.


Yeah no threat unless he belts like 5 homers in the next week. :-D


Hey it's against the Rays, basically the same pitching that he has faced in AAA and has 15 HR's against. Don't give Prince any ideas. :-b


I hope Prince hits like 10 homers. Then we'll see how quickly they move Overbay to another position.


Yeah, 10 homers in 6 games would be mighty impressive. I still get the feeling they'd send him down, crazy as that seems. I'm not too worried about it happening, it's more than just a little unrealistic. Some people think Lyle can switch to the outfield, where he played some in college and the minors. But he is slow, really painfully slow. I can't imagine him hacking it out there in the bigs.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1124
Joined: 16 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dawgpound 1613 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:16 pm

If the Brewers think they can contend for the WC, I can't see them dealing Overbay or Jenkins (and putting Overbay in left) just to start a rookie 1B for the stretch run.

So I agree that this is simply a chance for the kid to see some ML pitching in preparation for 2006. I'll be curious to see how he does.
Dawgpound 1613
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2095
Joined: 7 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: \Lo*ca"tion\, n. 1. The act or process of locating. 2. Situation; place; locality.

Postby Webster11 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:38 pm

Will yahoo add him to their player database if hes only called up for a week. Yahoo can be very slow adding players.
Image
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1110
Joined: 8 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djack909 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:41 pm

DH batting 7th
djack909
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 712
Joined: 20 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: apz, Pogotheostrich, unioreimi and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact