Who to start this week?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who to start this week??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who to start this week??

Postby ViperGJG » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:26 am

Below are 3 guys I'm sure I want to start this week because they are going against strong opponents...who do you think will fair well enough for me to start?

Russ Ortiz v. Tex
Padilla v. Sea
Lohse @ SF

I'm already starting Meche, Morris, Oswalt and Lowe for sure...its a head to head league so i can start as many as I want, but I dont want any of the above guys getting rocked and ruining my ERA and WHIP
GO GIANTS!! DODGERS SUCK!!
ViperGJG
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Tue Jun 03, 2003 1:56 am

I would start Ortiz, because he never really tends to get rocked even on his bad starts and even against tough offenses, so his chances of destroying you are slim. I'd sit Padilla because he has been inconsistent lately and is just coming off a 122 pitch count performance. I would probably start Lohse since PacBell is an extreme pitchers park.

I'd reconsider a couple of the guys you are definitely starting as well. Meche is facing the Phillies, and they are a pretty strong offense so he could get rocked. I would not recommend starting Lowe, because the game is in Pittsburgh and Lowe has a 10.33 ERA on the road this season. The Pirates offense has come alive lately (especially A.Ramirez and Giles) so he will likely get rocked to hell and back if you start him.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 03, 2003 11:07 am

All three of those guys are free agents in my league (10 team). I'd be hesitant to start any of those guys against those opponents.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers