Minor League Draft Help Needed!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Minor League Draft Help Needed!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Mustangs989 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 3:34 pm

Not a bad list, a lot of things I'd change though just on personal feelings about players. IE I wouldn't have Morales, Hansen or Barfield that high and I'd have Upton ahead of Gordon.

One thing I will mention though...McDougall has no reason to be in the top 50 prospects. He's 26 years old, sure he's tearing up AAA, but he should be considering he's older than a lot of the competition there. I don't see him being anything special in the MLB.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Supernick » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:53 pm

i would suggest Shin-Soo Choo OF Seattle and Hong-Chih Kuo RP LA Dodgers if your draft isn't over. :-D
Supernick
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby Supernick » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:58 pm

42. Jeff Niemann, P, TB, 2/28/1983, AA Montreal

i didn't know we have an AA team here in Montréal. :-? :-)
Supernick
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby AT » Fri Jul 08, 2005 11:15 am

Mustangs989 wrote:Not a bad list, a lot of things I'd change though just on personal feelings about players. IE I wouldn't have Morales, Hansen or Barfield that high and I'd have Upton ahead of Gordon.

One thing I will mention though...McDougall has no reason to be in the top 50 prospects. He's 26 years old, sure he's tearing up AAA, but he should be considering he's older than a lot of the competition there. I don't see him being anything special in the MLB.

The majority of the guys on that list are ordered based on the order they appeared in this thread. There isn't a ranking of preference really. Thanks for your help with McDougall. I'm actually getting carried away with this list and am starting to paste scouting reports and analysis below each player. I'll rank them according to my own preferences and then post all of that information in a couple hours.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby iavikefn » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:15 am

rotterdam_82 wrote:I guess Jeff Francouer has gone right? I can only offer you another Braves prospect, Chuck James. Good young pitcher. Or Joey Devine (future closer) should be up in september. He's got some nasty stuff.

41. Cubs-Jeff Francoeur, OF, Atlanta
42. Braves-Joey Devine, RP, Atlanta
iavikefn
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby rotterdam_82 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:12 pm

iavikefn wrote:
rotterdam_82 wrote:I guess Jeff Francouer has gone right? I can only offer you another Braves prospect, Chuck James. Good young pitcher. Or Joey Devine (future closer) should be up in september. He's got some nasty stuff.

41. Cubs-Jeff Francoeur, OF, Atlanta
42. Braves-Joey Devine, RP, Atlanta

Sorry dude! Missed a page!

Another Brave for you is Brian McCann, slugging catcher with 30+ HR power, very similar make-up to Javy Lopez. Although I'm not sure if he counts as a minor league player, he's catching for John Smoltz at the moment.

Then again, if someone picked up Howard then why not? Honestly, you do not want to miss this kid.
Rate my team, leave me a link!
[url=http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=168349]English Villains[/url]
rotterdam_82
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Minor League & College Baseball