Huff may be history with the D-Rays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff may be history with the D-Rays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:10 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I completely agree with Huff and Piniela. The D-Rays are an embarrassment. Ownership leaves hangs them out to dry every year, doesn't spend a dime on the team and they play in the most depressing building ever to host a baseball game.

They shouldn't trade Huff or fire Piniela, the team should be sold to an ownership group that cares about the team and about winning a game every now and then.

agreed 100%. look at what happened to the Expos. A new town, some new blood in the team, and now they're leading the NL East.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cooner » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:17 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:OK, everybody at once say it with me, and don't be afraid...

CONTRACTION.

And you would not have to push to hard to throw Pitts and ...

contract this :-t
Cooner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby klvrdude » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:34 pm

I think some of you are jumping the gun with trade talk. If the new ownership is so appathetic about their current team do you think they'll care about some whiney players and coaches? If they were the Lakers...maybe, but the D-Rays don't give a flying fcuk. He's 28 and if they are building for the near future they'll want to keep him around unless they get some serious prospects for him.

As someone who likes to be competitive I can see how it would be frustrating to be playing on the current D-ray team, but it's hard to empathize with a guy (Huff) who makes nearly 5 million dollars for playing baseball. Just to put a little perspective on it and give the obvious example: it would take someone making $200,000 25 years to make what he does in 1!!!

PLAY BALL
klvrdude
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fpower » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:10 pm

For the love of my fantasy team, trade him. Maybe if he's happier somewhere else he'll hit again.
Fpower
College Coach
College Coach

Postby nuggets » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:27 pm

Here's the take on Huff from Jason Stark:

Braves Rumblings

The Braves have been openly hunting for outfielders. And rumors keep floating that two names on their list are Tampa Bay's Aubrey Huff and Cincinnati's Austin Kearns.

Officials from two teams that have been speaking with the Reds and Devil Rays think the Braves are more likely to make a deal for Huff than Kearns – but probably can't get either.

"I don't expect the Reds to trade any of those outfielders," said one exec. "I know we've asked, and they've been pretty firm on that."

Meanwhile, a front-office man from another club says the best reason to think Huff could wind up in Atlanta is that Tampa Bay GM Chuck LaMar has a better relationship with his old team, the Braves, than he has with any other team. But the Devil Rays are likely to ask for third base phenom Andy Marte in return. And that's not a price the Braves figure to want to pay.
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers