Huff may be history with the D-Rays - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huff may be history with the D-Rays

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Box » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:15 am

They're on the verge, at 20-42, of dropping past Kansas City for the worst record in the majors.

Tavish wrote:Man its rough being a Royals fan right now, when a team who has played as awful as the D-Rays still have a better record than you. The D-Rays look pretty smart right now in my eyes for leaving Gaithwright and Upton in the minors, absolutely no reason to burn a year of lockdown off for a team who has no chance of competing.

Well I'd be happy to trade some of the Royals' pitching for a decent young bat from the D-Rays. They've at least a semblance of an offense, we've got Emil Brown and John Buck.

I do feel bad for Tampa fans though, Naimoli is one of the biggest schmucks in baseball.
Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:14 am

Frankly, I'm glad to see some strong voices letting management know how they feel publicly. The DRays have a ton of talent in their system, and yet every year they stay in neutral. Playing in the AL East doesn't help them, either. I hope ownership listens and gets their heads out of their collective arse, otherwise, they're going to blow some very good opportunities in the coming years. Hell, they're already doing that now.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:49 am

I completely agree with Huff and Piniela. The D-Rays are an embarrassment. Ownership leaves hangs them out to dry every year, doesn't spend a dime on the team and they play in the most depressing building ever to host a baseball game.

They shouldn't trade Huff or fire Piniela, the team should be sold to an ownership group that cares about the team and about winning a game every now and then.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 275)

Postby bdrotoronto » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:56 am

Mookie4ever wrote:The D-Rays are an embarrassment. Ownership leaves hangs them out to dry every year, doesn't spend a dime on the team and they play in the most depressing building ever to host a baseball game.

This sounds vaguely familiar to what they always used to say about the Expos.. :-?
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby RugbyD » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:26 am

OK, everybody at once say it with me, and don't be afraid...

CONTRACTION.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:58 am

RugbyD wrote:OK, everybody at once say it with me, and don't be afraid...

CONTRACTION.
Amen my friend, then Gathright can go to a team where they WILL PLAY HIM! 8-o
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby acsguitar » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:05 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:A trade would be the best thing for Huff. He is obviously frustrated in TB.

As to TB, what did they expect? They spend next to nothing on their pitching which has always been one of the worst in the league. Has their pitching been that much worse than last season? I doubt it but I have not looked it up. Somehow I doubt the loss of Victor Zambrano is that meaningful.
Maybe they'll trade Huff to the Mets for Reyes AND Wright this year ;-D

That would be a terrible trade I hope you were joking
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:06 pm

RugbyD wrote:OK, everybody at once say it with me, and don't be afraid...

CONTRACTION.

Been saying that for years. And you can add in KC. And you would not have to push to hard to throw Pitts and Milw into the mix.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ahorsefish » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:16 pm

I don't see the Braves going after Huff. The Cubs might be willing to sacrifice some farm pitching for Huff, but he is below average in outfield defence and the Cubs have Aram and Lee in the corners. He is also becoming a free agent at the end of the season.
ahorsefish Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trot Nixon » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:30 pm

acsguitar wrote:Maybe they'll trade Huff to the Mets for Reyes AND Wright this year ;-D

That would be a terrible trade I hope you were joking
Of course I was joking but anythings possible...Zambrano for Kazmir??
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers