The Big 1000 Post! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Big 1000 Post!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

The Big 1000 Post!

Postby jzfran » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:51 pm

I decided for my 1000th post to post something that i put a little work into. I decided to give some detailed predictions for this postseason. So here it goes!

AL East-Yankees-They have too much talent and too many future Hall of Famers to be this bad for a whole season. I know they’re struggling, but Georgy will pull another $100 million out of his pocket and trade away his entire farm system to get another group of washed up old guys who will come together and win the AL East by a slim margin over the Sox.

AL Central-Twins-They are too good to be in 2nd. The White Sox pitching staff can’t keep this up and once that slows down, the Twins will shoot right up the standings.

AL West-Rangers-Their young, talented offense will stay hot and push past the 1st place Angels in the beginning of September and they will take two out of three from the Angels the last three games of the season to clinch it.

AL Wild Card-Red Sox-They have experience, talent, and desire. They are underperforming right now (Manny, Bellhorn, etc.) and they have been killed by injuries thusfar. They will win the wild card by a slim margin over the Angels.

NL East-Braves-This division is terrible. Who else is there to choose? The Phillies don’t have pitching. The Nats will soon come crashing down like last year’s Expos. Florida just can’t seem to get it together and the bottom of their rotation and the bottom of their lineup is horrible.

NL Central-Cards-Pujols and Edmonds are one of the best 3-4 combos in baseball and they want to redeem themselves after last years WS embarrassment.

NL West-Padres-Jake Peavy will lead the way for the Padres and their deep offense will be able to outscore any team that has to face the Padres’ pitchers.

NL Wild Card-Cubbies-With a healthy Mark Prior and Kerry Wood for the playoffs, the Cubs will win the wild card and send Cub fans into a frenzy.

Playoffs

ALDS-Sox over the Rangers in 5 games-Too much depth/pitching

Yankees over the twins in 4 games-Too much talent/depth

NLDS-Cubs over Cards in 5-Prior and Wood will close the door on the Cards’ offense

Padres over Braves in 4-Padres SPs shut down ATL’s weak offense

ALCS-Yankees over Sox in 7-Sad to say this as a Sox fan, but this year is not our year. We aren’t as good as we were last year, and it will finally catch up to us. Who will it be this time? Gary “Bleepin” Sheffield? Robinson “Bleepin” Cano?

NLCS-Padres over Cubs in 6-Cubs offense struggles and the Cubs can’t figure out how to hit Peavy. The Curse of the Billy Goat strikes again!

World Series-Yankees over Padres in 6-Their offense is just too much for San Diego to handle and the Yankees rack on the Padres 3 and 4 starters.

Note: This is as unbiased as possible. If I was biased, the Red Sox would win it all.
jzfran
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bronxxbomber » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:14 pm

great prediction. it means we're going to see a tremendous run by the yanks soon.
Who says I can't be a Yankees and Mets fan???
bronxxbomber
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beltrans_boy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:14 pm

That's all well and good, but the Yankees aren't even going to make the playoffs.

;-D

Marlins are going to win it all...put it in the bank.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby baseball6791 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:24 pm

beltrans_boy wrote:That's all well and good, but the Yankees aren't even going to make the playoffs.

;-D

Marlins are going to win it all...put it in the bank.

yup ;-D right after a seven game marathon with the pads

[size=18]

[url=http://baseball6791.deviantart.com/]My DeviantArt[/url][/size]
baseball6791
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby NZF » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:26 pm

Good effort in just over a month but remember quality of quantity ;-)

As for your predictions I've got one word for them..........BORING.

No crystal ball required for that effort but you're possibly right.

The O's may be starting to run out of gas and the big advantage they have had so far is having played so many AL Central teams, the Yankees haven't yet had that luxury.

Still at this stage I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Yankees fail to make the play-offs and I'd still predict the Red Sox will win the AL East and either the White Sox or the Twins will get the wild card.

The Angels will win the AL West and will go on to win the ALCS.

The NL Central and West are clear cut but I'm picking the Phillies to get through in the East. They'll also go through to face the Cards in the NLCS.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby EK711 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:07 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:The O's may be starting to run out of gas and the big advantage they have had so far is having played so many AL Central teams, the Yankees haven't yet had that luxury.

The Yanks and the O's aren't going to win or lose by playing the Central. It's how they do head to head and in the East. The O's went 11-10 playing the central thus far, they got their lead by going 18-8 in the East. The AL Central isn't the whipping boy that everyone thinks they are, at least not record wise. They have the best out of divison record in the American League. It remains to be seen if this will remain, but the AL Central is second only the NL East record wise. Not disagreeing with the O's running out of gas, because I think they will too, just trying to get a little respect for the AL Central. ;-)
EK711
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby blankman » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:22 pm

I sure hope you're right as a Yankees fan }:-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby NZF » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:23 pm

EK711 wrote:
The Yanks and the O's aren't going to win or lose by playing the Central. It's how they do head to head and in the East. The O's went 11-10 playing the central thus far, they got their lead by going 18-8 in the East. The AL Central isn't the whipping boy that everyone thinks they are, at least not record wise. They have the best out of divison record in the American League. It remains to be seen if this will remain, but the AL Central is second only the NL East record wise. Not disagreeing with the O's running out of gas, because I think they will too, just trying to get a little respect for the AL Central. ;-)

I should have quantified my point by including the fact that the O's have played the majority against the AL Central and not the AL West and the Yankees have done the opposite. I just see the AL West as being a stronger division which could have some bearing overall although your point is well taken, the O's are on top because they have by far the best record within the AL East.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: The Big 1000 Post!

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:32 pm

jzfran wrote:
NL East-Braves-This division is terrible. Who else is there to choose? The Phillies don’t have pitching. The Nats will soon come crashing down like last year’s Expos. Florida just can’t seem to get it together and the bottom of their rotation and the bottom of their lineup is horrible.

I don't see how you think this division is so terrible. Come on. The Marlins and the Mets are terrible teams? I agree that it may not be the best, but the reason I think there are so many teams together in this division is because they are all beating up on each other. But, w/e.
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby reznorsboy » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:19 pm

Cubs over the Rangers(with Clemens)
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Next