I quit my golf job (need help) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

I quit my golf job (need help)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I quit my golf job (need help)

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:39 pm

I just quit my job at the golf course, and I am going in to talk to my manger next week. Here is what happened: My best friend Joey had an idea of a new way to dump the trash. Well, it didn’t work and I had to jump into a HUGE garage bin to get some stuff that wasn’t trash. As we headed back to the course I jokingly said “that was the dumbest idea ever Joey”, and we went back to normal work. I guess someone in the shop over heard us and I was called into my managers office today and I was told I was on 60-day probation and no longer allowed in the golf pro shop because the other day I took a 10 minute (completely legal) break in there, while I was talking to the other workers about golf clubs and how I can work in the pro shop. An hour later my manager does a light boxing tap on my shoulder and asked if I was ok. I didn’t answer, and kept on starting at the floor while I waited for the cart-bay-keys. Also, the other day I didn’t have my car, and I had to walk to Carals Jr. on my lunch break. He then went off on how I didn’t tell anyone and left without clocking out. I find this odd because I told the Jr. manager I was walking to Carals Jr and he saw me punch out, and punch back in.

My question is if there is anything I can do to him. I am going in to tell him I am going to quit and I will ask him who said I was “bad mouthing” other employees. I also want to see where in the guidelines it says I can be put on probation and not given a warning. I will then write a letter to his manager telling him what happened.

And Suggestions as to where I can go from here?
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eftda » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:41 pm

I want to make him pay becuase hes been a prick the whole time I've worked there. THere are cameraas in the shop and it should have caught him hitting/tapping me. It wasn't welcome and It felt like a threat. I had no idea as to what to say and I was very uncomfortable.
eftda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: I quit my golf job (need help)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 5:43 pm

[quote="eftda"]I also want to see where in the guidelines it says I can be put on probation and not given a warning. [quote]

isnt probation your warning?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby slomo007 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 6:02 pm

eftda, being that it's just a part-time job, I don't think it's worth worrying about. Find another job and forget about it....I remember you posting that you were considering quitting a couple weeks ago anyways. Be careful what you wish for. :-o
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Pablo975 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:07 pm

No joke, bro.....leave that place ASAP. It's not like it was an important career job or anything.

"There are a million jobs in the world....you're bound to be qualified for one of 'em."

After putting in your notice (always do this if possible...it can screw up your nice coworkers lives if you just take off), you should go back to the manager and explain to that bully that if he ever lays another hand on you, or another employee, he'll be sued with the golf course named as a co-defendant in the case. This would most likely cause his termination or at least further the cause.

Then, explain to him that after the suit, win or lose, you'll take a 9 iron to his Adams' Apple.

Or, just learn from all this, be the bigger man, and walk away.

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RyanK » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:02 pm

how long have you worked there for... and there are plenty of other golf courses to get jobs at
RyanK
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Kingctb27 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:08 pm

Few Options here.

#1. Post his cell phone # in as many gay chat rooms as you can.

#2. Let all the air out of his tires.

#3. Put a laxative in his coffee cup.

#4. Put some Bengay on his golf clubs and glove before a tournament. (assuming he plays)

;-D
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby RugbyD » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:14 pm

if this is something that will go on a resume, don't do a damn thing.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby blankman » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:23 pm

RugbyD wrote:if this is something that will go on a resume, don't do a damn thing.

This is the wisest and most unchildish thing to do. Walk away and don't act like a little kid out for revenge. You don't need that kind of a reputation.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:02 am

blankman wrote:
RugbyD wrote:if this is something that will go on a resume, don't do a damn thing.

This is the wisest and most unchildish thing to do. Walk away and don't act like a little kid out for revenge. You don't need that kind of a reputation.

I agree. I'm probably one of the worst when it comes to this kind of thing, but just walking away would be the smartest thing to do and you won't look childish doing it. Although from what I can gather, it doesn't sound like they'd give you rave reviews on a resume anyway. :-o
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk