A neat thing happened today.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

A neat thing happened today....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Madison » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:25 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
StlSluggers wrote:My dad wasn't forcing baseball on me so much as he was using it as a tool to help me learn. I intend to do the same for my children, too, be it with baseball or some other medium.

Then I respectfully rescind my comments. It can definitely be a great learning tool...but when I read it the first time I had this picture in my head of you sitting at the table with your Cardinals placemat and your dad standing over you saying "No! No dessert for you until you tell me Ozzie Smiths slugging percentage last season."

Lol… No, it wasn't like that. It was very much for fun.

;-D

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!!

:-D

Fantastic story Pablo ;-D ! Always nice to hear :-) .
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LooseCannon » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:06 pm

JTWood wrote:You know what they say, the younger you get 'em, the easier it is to convert them. We can thank the Der Jungen for that lesson.

Seriously, though, when I was 5 (1983), my dad had me memorize the entire Cardinals WS roster along with lineup, player numbers, and BA. He even got me a Cardinals placemat so that I could "study" while I ate.

The other day, my dad asked me how my fantasy addiction was going...

B-)

Nothing against it, but that is OBSESSION

[url=http://www.mp3players4free.com/default.aspx?r=681536] www.mp3players4free.com[/url]
LooseCannon
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Art Vandelay wrote:
SaintsOfTheDiamond wrote:
JTWood wrote:Seriously, though, when I was 5 (1983), my dad had me memorize the entire Cardinals WS roster along with lineup, player numbers, and BA. He even got me a Cardinals placemat so that I could "study" while I ate.

That is great. :-D

I disagree. I think it's ridiculous to demand, or even expect that of a 5 year old, or any kid. I'm a huge sports fan, but my dad never forced sports on me and I would never do that to my kid.

What's wrong with allowing a kid to develop his own interests?

i'm sure his dad just wanted to have something to share with his son throughout his life. as long as his dad didn't hit/yell at him unless he memorized or whatever, i don't see anything wrong with it.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Laean » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:17 pm

reznorsboy wrote:
RynMan wrote:But it still doesn't answer the big question that I can't seem to find an answer for...... HOW can I make my girlfriend like baseball???

Explain the rules!! She will be so impressed that you took the time to explain it that she will try to like it just for you!! And play Barry white in the background :-D

nah man, that doesn't work. i tried to watch a baseball game with my girl and teach her the rules, and all she does is nod and go "uh huh, uh huh" for about 2 minutes and then ask "but why do they got to wear such tight pants? it just looks so cramped" then tries to take the remote so she can turn the channel to friends.

maybe it was the lack of barry white in the background that made it fail, but i doubt that would've helped.

oh well, at least she likes the nba.

as for the other poster about not wanting to teach a girlfriend since it should be shared with the guys, i personally disagree and think it's a wonderful thing when your girl loves sports with you. there's nothing sexier than chearing on your team with your boys and your girl, and she fits in like just one of the guys. it sure beats a girlfriend that complains that you spend too much time with the boys and not with her anyway.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk