Matos: Good Pick-up - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Matos: Good Pick-up

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matos: Good Pick-up

Postby benjapage » Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:59 pm

luis matos should be coming back soon. he was starting to steal some bags and hit for average when he went down with the broken finger. no reason that he shouldn't pick up where he left off, and still hit for some power.

just a heads up.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2767
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby dkakridas » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:08 pm

no reason other than the fact that he consistently does not stay healthy and has only one notable year over the past 4.

I would not count on Matos to contribute much this year....
dkakridas
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 254
Joined: 8 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Austin, TX (born, raised in Boston)

Re: Matos: Good Pick-up

Postby NZF » Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:32 pm

benjapage wrote:luis matos should be coming back soon. he was starting to steal some bags and hit for average when he went down with the broken finger. no reason that he shouldn't pick up where he left off, and still hit for some power.

just a heads up.

b


I agree he is a decent pick-up, especially in my 16 team league where steals are at a premium.

Will probably grab him today, thanks for the reminder ;-D
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Re: Matos: Good Pick-up

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:18 pm

benjapage wrote:luis matos should be coming back soon. he was starting to steal some bags and hit for average when he went down with the broken finger. no reason that he shouldn't pick up where he left off, and still hit for some power.

just a heads up.

b



nice reminder.... in deep leagues, he is a decent pick up for teams in need of steals
Image
raiders_umpire
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 27781
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: You will be missed, Robert Smeraldo.

Re: Matos: Good Pick-up

Postby RynMan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:25 pm

New Zealand Fan wrote:
benjapage wrote:luis matos should be coming back soon. he was starting to steal some bags and hit for average when he went down with the broken finger. no reason that he shouldn't pick up where he left off, and still hit for some power.

just a heads up.

b


I agree he is a decent pick-up, especially in my 16 team league where steals are at a premium.

Will probably grab him today, thanks for the reminder ;-D


You better hurry }:-)
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Re: Matos: Good Pick-up

Postby NZF » Sun Jun 12, 2005 8:30 pm

RynMan wrote:
New Zealand Fan wrote:
benjapage wrote:luis matos should be coming back soon. he was starting to steal some bags and hit for average when he went down with the broken finger. no reason that he shouldn't pick up where he left off, and still hit for some power.

just a heads up.

b


I agree he is a decent pick-up, especially in my 16 team league where steals are at a premium.

Will probably grab him today, thanks for the reminder ;-D


You better hurry }:-)


:-o me and my big mouth
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby AKhomebrewer » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:50 am

Well, I just beat the land-rush for the guy in my 16-teamer (dropped Kearns, who won't help me much in Louisville). Hope he picks up where he left off.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 3240
Joined: 4 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Offshore

Postby cnt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:59 am

Who would you rather have, Matos or Crisp? I currently have Crisp and am thinking of adding Matos instead.
12 Team 5x5 Roto League
3rd Place - 5.5 Points Behind
Image
cnt
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 564
Joined: 29 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NZF » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:09 am

Crisp by a decent margin.

Good luck with Matos AK ;-7
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4795
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Sitting in the Cake Tin enjoying a cold Speights

Postby Nene » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:28 am

Dude. I am in a 20 team league where we each own two teams, and my second team is too good to host Matos. So more power to whoever needs him. I put him on my watch players, but don't expect to need him when I have adequate base stealers on both teams.
Image
[b]Founder of the Hilarious Homers League[/b]
Nene Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 311
Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Basketball
Location: Central Florida


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact