I need your opinion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I need your opinion

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I need your opinion

Postby Longshot » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:21 pm

Two things:

1 - Is Contreras good enough for me to drop either Myers/Dreifort/Pollitte for? Will he be solid all year?

2 - Which Ranger is going to suffer the most this week? Everett? Raffy? Hank? Or will they just keep Texeira out? Or switch the lineup depending on pitcher (hank out vs lefties)?
Hank Blalock is The Truth
Longshot
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:41 pm

1. I would drop Dreifort for Contreras. Dreifort is out for at least 10 days with an arthritic knee, and there has been suggestions it could be career ending. Politte is not a great closer and gives up too many homers but he still pitches for a team that will be .500+ and will give you 30 saves likely. Myers looks like he'd be the real deal so I'd hang onto him.

2. It's hard to tell what they'll do with the Rangers lineup, but I'd imagine they will use some kind of platoon arrangement to get everyone some playing time. Teixera will probably lose the most playing time, and I'd think he will only be the 3B against lefties, while Blalock is the 3B against righties, and they leave Palmiero at 1B and Everett in the OF.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers