Thoughts on Berroa? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Thoughts on Berroa?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on Berroa?

Postby yankee_cafe » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:44 am

Just curious how the Cafers rate this guy. Great rookie year with the ROY, lots of potential. Gets sent to the minors the next year and returns with nice numbers. Now this year he's a borderline fantasy player, depending on the size and setup of the league.

Anyone think he'll ever return to those ROY numbers? Or is he just gonna be an average (or below) fantasy player in that weak KC lineup?

Myself, I drafted him in a couple of pools and now have him on the bench ... using Cano until I can come up with a better option.
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:02 am

Those numbers in his RoY campaign are probably best case scenario for him from here on out IMO. His minor league numbers really didn't justify the line he put up in his rookie year, so I say the Berroa of this year and last is more than likely the real Berroa.
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby KSJayhawk » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:16 am

He had a few good games in San Fran last week, but unfortunately I don't think the guy is going anywhere. He's a very impatient hitter and is not getting onbase enough to be effective as a lead-off hitter for the Royals.
KSJayhawk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby yankee_cafe » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:20 am

Glad to see that others share my opinionl. I think there are better options out there in Cano and now Weeks for an MI need.

I drafted him in a dynasty league a few years back and enjoyed his rookie season very much, but he rode my pine for almost all of last year and now most of this year as well.

I fear I may have to drop him in favour of Betemit in my dynasty league. I think there may be more potential there.

Thanks gentlemen! ;-D
Can we build it?
yankee_cafe
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers