A-rod shortstop eligibility watch. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-rod shortstop eligibility watch.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:15 am

Ummmm, no.....we get what you guys are saying, and I pretty much agree.....EXCEPT, last I checked, Joe Torre, Brian Cashman, and George Steinbrenner don't post here at the Cafe.

My point was "never say never". You don't know what they would do if Jeter went down for a year or more or ended up out of the game, so stop acting like you're privy to the Yankess personnel strategies and contingency plans.

You don't know what any team might do in any given situation. If you don't wanna read anymore about ARods eligibility, the demise of Kearns, the future of Weeks, etc, .......ummmm, maybe don't force yourself to read and respond to threads with a topic that you don't want to read or chat about.

This is all of us chatting about "What If?" scenarios. Let us have our fun....jeez.....it is "fantasy" ya know.... ;-D

"Ya'll are brutalizing me!" - Ronwell Dobbs
Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby blankman » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:34 am

Pablo, you're completely missing the point. Fantasy baseball is all about the real world. It's based on the real world and talking about something that I will guarentee you will not happen in the real world is not worth discussing. It is a waste of your time here when you could be discussing something else that could be of actual benefit to your team(s).

Alex is the starting NYY Third Baseman and that is all. End of story.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:58 am

Again, you miss my point.

I agree. ARod is the Yankess 3B.....unless the craziest of circumstances arose.....and the place to discuss the craziest possibilites in the realm of baseball here at the Cafe would be....."Baseball Leftovers".

If this topic were in "Who To Start/Bench", I'd tell people to stop wasting space in that area too.

If I need serious team help, I can go there or to any number of other categories, but for fun, goofy, "what if?" speculative talk, "Leftovers" is the place.

And I lead my league by 13.5 points, so I don't need much more benefit to my team thank you.

I will leave now to start a thread about watching how many more appearances Eric Milton needs to qualify at 2B and another about the return of Jody Davis to the Cubs as a SP. :-D

Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fantasy Guru » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:53 am

Well, as reluctant as these Yankee fans are to admit- It could happen.

It doesn't matter to me all that much if he gets SS eligibility, as I'll have Tejada and A-rod anyway.

But it would be nice for A-rod to be able to be used as a SS, as Tejada would still be rather valuable in a trade.. for say, Johan Santana, or something.
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Fantasy Guru » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:55 am

Also, if it were to happen, A-rod becoming SS eligible, I'm going to come here and bust some balls! Seeing as how they consider it IMPOSSIBLE.

If he doesn't? Well, then they can just say "I told you so" and I can enjoy my Tejada and A-rod anyways, heh. ;-D
ImageYeah.. this "fantasy guru" thing is just a user name, folks.
Fantasy Guru
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:28 am

pablo, you're missing their point man.

if your only argument is that anything is possible, then i suppose it's also possible a comet hits the Earth tomorrow and we all die and there's no point to anything.

as for the original point of this thread, i think a-rod might get to play SS once in a while maybe a few more times, but he'll most likely never START there. i doubt a-rod will get SS eligibility this year.

if jeter goes down and a-rod plays SS, who's going to play 3rd? is that 3rd base player better than sanchez? why would torre put a-rod at SS when it doesn't help the overall team? because a-rod's the best SS they have? he's also the best 3B they have, so that's not a good reason. to give us fantasy players a-rod SS eligibility? i doubt torre cares about that.
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby nuggets » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:06 am

Pablo975 wrote: ...and the place to discuss the craziest possibilites in the realm of baseball here at the Cafe would be....."Baseball Leftovers".

If this topic were in "Who To Start/Bench", I'd tell people to stop wasting space in that area too.

If I need serious team help, I can go there or to any number of other categories, but for fun, goofy, "what if?" speculative talk, "Leftovers" is the place.

I"d like to see posts like this put in the team specific forums.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 6c03b58ed0
nuggets
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pablo975 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:23 am

Goodness.....my point is kinda just that....you don't know what might happen to anyone or anything.

Maybe the Yankees end up with a good 3B prospect in a trade or get a solid one in a trade, or whatever.

My point is that you never know with baseball (or life on this planet), and that's part of it's beauty. I never thought I'd end up where I am now....I thought I'd be living in Hawaii driving a red Ferrari and solving murders with my buddy who flies a helicopter. :-D

If someone told you a couple years ago that ARod would get traded to a team that would switch him to 3B permanently or that the legendary future HOF Sammy Sosa would get shipped out Chicago in disgrace, that Jose Canseco would write a tell all book....and seem to be somewhat RIGHT with his info.....you'd probably have laughed and said no way.....but they all happened.

I agree with the theory that ARod will most likely never again start at SS, playing there only once in a blue moon, but you never know...The fact he was a top SS before is what gives the concept any credence. If this discussion were floating around about Curt Schilling gaining SS eligibility, I could see where people might get tired of hearing about it.

In any case, can we just lock this one and be done with it? We have some testy folks 'round these parts and I don't want to cause further pain.

"A wise man knows....that he knows nothing." - Confuscious (or Bobcat Goldthwait....don't know which...)

Pablo975
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers