any help with this roster please? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

any help with this roster please?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

any help with this roster please?

Postby riddlerbrandt » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:09 pm

I am moving up in the world, but still feel like I am a player or two away from being a fringe contender. (11 team 5 by 5 roto league)

My batters
gmeyers
sexson
bboone
rolen
mora
beltran
Lwalker
mike cameron
cory patterson
torii hunter
trot nixon
eric young
klesko
edgar martinez

pitching
schilling
russ ortiz
meche
kris benson
lowe
wakefield (almost always sit him)
sabathia
worrell
isringhausen
nathan

now I knwo saves is an issue, but the asking prices for clsoers int his league are too much, and they are concentrated to like two or three teams. The top four teams are in the 40s, then it drops to low thirties (two teams) then the remaing five are in the teens. of the remaining teams I am already the highest with essentially worrell and vulture saves. Basically, where can I stand some improvment? I would like to consolodate in pitching or the of. But no biters on klesko, cameron or hunter. at that poitn I would rather jsut try my luck with hunter and kelsko. I am currently in the middle of the pack, witha big lead on the guy behind me, (!0 points and about 8 down form the next guy) Any thoguths? I feel like boone sexson rolen and patterson are carrying me. and they have to cool down. is it realistic to think that beltran, hunter and kelsko can then pick up the slack? Thanks for any help.
riddlerbrandt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby kswiss » Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:00 am

Well I guess the person hurting you would be Walker. You might want to try to trade him, if he is not tainted already. But you should be happy to be at the top of the middle in saves. If only a few teams have the best closers, then you should be fine with Worrell and Izzy, so just leave it at that. Hunter and Klesko can only get better right now. Maybe you might get something for Patterson or maybe someone might be happy to get Eric Young, he has been stealing a lot of bases. He has more steals and homers than Castillo, he might be a good trade.

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
kswiss
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team