Is Kevin Brown an injury risk? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kevin Brown an injury risk?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Kevin Brown an injury risk?

Postby The Jury » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:15 pm

Should we be treating him as the dominant pitcher of years ago with no more injury risk than any other player?

Or should be approach with caution?
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Does a bear crap in the woods?

Postby ntz24 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:35 pm

Of course he's an injury risk. I wouldn't mind having him on my roster now, but I would be looking to move him at the beg. of the 2nd half of the season at the latest.
ntz24
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Mon Jun 02, 2003 5:58 pm

well i have Brown and yeah he maybe an injury risk due to the last two years for him. But i wouldnt trade him for anything because i knwo i couldnt get what he's worth ONLY because people think he's gonna break down. So why lose a stud pitcher at a price people probably wont pay? I wont. If he does breakdown later this year so what.. i got him in the 17th round. He's been my best pitcher too. Him and Morris.
Now would i try to trade to get him.. yes. Depending on what you have to give to get him. Others that think he may get hurt soon may want to get rid of him for a cheaper price. But i think he'll be fine this year. I got Pedro last year for a cheap price because the owner thought he wouldnt hold up over the season. He went 20-4 and probably shoulda won Cy young. I see the same kinda season so far coming from Brown.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kcs261 » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:11 pm

If you own Brown, thank your lucky stars and quit whining about the injury risk. Every player in MLB is an injury risk. I can't tell you how sick of the Brown injury watch I get. The guy was hurt last year and the year before. But otherwise, he's been a healthy player throughout his career.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jdh » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:16 pm

Yes, he is a major risk to get injured again, given his last two years and also given his age. That said, every start that he makes with no apparent problems continues to reduce the risk. I acquired him 3 weeks ago for Mark Buerhle. Since I got him, he has gone 4-0 with an 0.90 ERA, he is just pitching ridiculously well. Since I gave up Buerhle, he has gone 0-2 with a 7.29 ERA, so I am liking the trade very much as of right now.

I would definitely be looking to acquire him if you can do so by giving up a pitcher like Buerhle (probably won't happen with how bad he's been lately), Glavine, Leiter, Washburn, Colon, or maybe Odalis Perez. With how lights out he has been lately, the owner may not give him up that easily, depending on how worried he is about the injury factor. I still wouldn't give up a Morris, Millwood, Hudson, Mussina or Wood to get Brown at this point though.
jdh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Juhlz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 6:26 pm

sweeeeet trade
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers