Huston Street = this year's Brad Lidge? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Huston Street = this year's Brad Lidge?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby -1FA- » Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:01 am

How does Jose Mesa get 40+ for the big winners in Pitt?

I think Street is going to have a middle to top tier stats by the end of the year.

He'll be expensive next year for sure.

Congrats to the people with keeper leagues that snagged him.
-1FA-
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ditka311 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:21 pm

bd3521 wrote:
Half Massed wrote:street has the stuff to be an elite closer, but unfortunately oakland won't win enough games for him to get a lot of saves. they're falling short of the 26-1 june i predicted for them :-D

I also believe I read that Cincinnati led the league last year in save opportunities.
Ditka311
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Mustangs989 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:23 pm

Ditka311 wrote:
bd3521 wrote:
Half Massed wrote:street has the stuff to be an elite closer, but unfortunately oakland won't win enough games for him to get a lot of saves. they're falling short of the 26-1 june i predicted for them :-D

I also believe I read that Cincinnati led the league last year in save opportunities.

That's correct, how good your team is has little effect on save opps, contrary to popular belief that it does.
Mustangs989
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:44 pm

Brad Lidge is starting to look pretty awesome this year too. Both he and Street scored me saves last night.

Lidge and Street- great closers for crummy teams ;-D
2008 Cafeholics Pond Scum Champion
Future Champion of 2009 Cafeholics Masters
Simulacrum
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Chief Pixel PusherCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter

Postby bleach168 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 5:53 pm

Mustangs989 wrote:
Ditka311 wrote:
bd3521 wrote:

That's correct, how good your team is has little effect on save opps, contrary to popular belief that it does.

Agreed. I think there is one exception though. If your team is extremely bad, you won't see many save opps. I think KC is a team that might fit that description.

But mediocre teams produce plenty of save opps.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby ravenmad22 » Sat Jun 11, 2005 9:56 pm

You better hope Street isn't Brad Lidge. Lidge sucks big time.

Signed,
Roger Clemens owner.
ravenmad22
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Half Massed » Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:18 am

it seems to me oakland is losing a lot of close games but winning blowouts. its probably because i'm an a's fan so i remember those two better. save opportunites aren't based solely on the amount of games a team wins of course, but in how they win them. the A's seem to provide save opportunites for other teams a lot, but don't seem to get many for themselves. i haven't checked the stats but the impression i've gotten this season is that the a's aren't getting many save situations. in reality they're probably around average, but for a rookie closer, and a rookie overall as well, he's most likely going to need a few consistant save situations to get a groove going and will have trouble getting them until the A's get into their annual 2nd half heat up. hopefully they'll prove me wrong and get many save situations from now on so they can win a few here.
Half Massed
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby RynMan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:54 am

Half Massed wrote:it seems to me oakland is losing a lot of close games but winning blowouts. its probably because i'm an a's fan so i remember those two better. save opportunites aren't based solely on the amount of games a team wins of course, but in how they win them. the A's seem to provide save opportunites for other teams a lot, but don't seem to get many for themselves. i haven't checked the stats but the impression i've gotten this season is that the a's aren't getting many save situations. in reality they're probably around average, but for a rookie closer, and a rookie overall as well, he's most likely going to need a few consistant save situations to get a groove going and will have trouble getting them until the A's get into their annual 2nd half heat up. hopefully they'll prove me wrong and get many save situations from now on so they can win a few here.

Seems to me like our A's arent winning any games at all :,-(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby warrick95 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:16 am

If that is really the case (they're producing save opps for other teams) the outlook looks fairly good, because that means that the games have been pretty close. If they score a few more runs, that will be a Street opp instead. Save opportunities are a nightmare to predict, but the A's have been a historically high save opportunity team for the past few years. That may change this year with the departure of two of the Big Three, but it will be seen.

I don't think Street Ks as much as Lidge, but he's going to be great this year.
warrick95
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wshnats20 » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:44 pm

save oppurtunities are basically random except for some teams like KC when the 20 games they win will probobly be save opps.
as for street he is great, Ks out a good number but not as many as lidge and is just a stud as a rookie.
wshnats20
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers