WSOP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Phatferd » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:50 pm

So were Pogs, but that died quickly....
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4058
Joined: 6 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Highway 10

Postby go_jays_go » Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:51 pm

Phatferd wrote:So were Pogs, but that died quickly....


Pogs were KING! :-D
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:02 pm

so0perspam wrote:I agree with Nomar completely ... poker is the new phenomen sweeping the nation, can't deny it.


Agreed. It's just way too huge to ignore. When casinos are removing other games and replacing them with poker tables, you know it's hot. When the entries to the $10,000 main event multiply by roughly a factor of 10 in two years, it's hot.

As to the schedule of events that will be shown on ESPN, here's a link to the complete schedule:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/broadcast.asp

July 19th begins the series of shows for this year's World Series of Poker. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:18 pm

Madison wrote:
so0perspam wrote:I agree with Nomar completely ... poker is the new phenomen sweeping the nation, can't deny it.


Agreed. It's just way too huge to ignore. When casinos are removing other games and replacing them with poker tables, you know it's hot. When the entries to the $10,000 main event multiply by roughly a factor of 10 in two years, it's hot.

As to the schedule of events that will be shown on ESPN, here's a link to the complete schedule:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/broadcast.asp

July 19th begins the series of shows for this year's World Series of Poker. ;-D


Did you enter into any of the WSOP events? I thought you were a high roller... :-b
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:19 pm

How old do you have to be to enter a WSOP event?
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:20 pm

so0perspam wrote:How old do you have to be to enter a WSOP event?


21.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2198
Joined: 25 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Red Sox Nation

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:29 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
Madison wrote:
so0perspam wrote:I agree with Nomar completely ... poker is the new phenomen sweeping the nation, can't deny it.


Agreed. It's just way too huge to ignore. When casinos are removing other games and replacing them with poker tables, you know it's hot. When the entries to the $10,000 main event multiply by roughly a factor of 10 in two years, it's hot.

As to the schedule of events that will be shown on ESPN, here's a link to the complete schedule:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/broadcast.asp

July 19th begins the series of shows for this year's World Series of Poker. ;-D


Did you enter into any of the WSOP events? I thought you were a high roller... :-b


Nah, the only way I'd have bought into any of the smaller events was if I won my seat into the main event. Had a few close calls, but none of them held up, so no trip to Vegas for me. There's always next year though. B-)

Sooperspam wrote:How old do you have to be to enter a WSOP event?


You have to be at least 21 years of age.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 53856
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Taking Souls...

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:03 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:
so0perspam wrote:How old do you have to be to enter a WSOP event?


21.


Damn. :-/ :-D
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8653
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Bay Area

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:26 pm

Madison wrote:
so0perspam wrote:I agree with Nomar completely ... poker is the new phenomen sweeping the nation, can't deny it.


Agreed. It's just way too huge to ignore. When casinos are removing other games and replacing them with poker tables, you know it's hot. When the entries to the $10,000 main event multiply by roughly a factor of 10 in two years, it's hot.

As to the schedule of events that will be shown on ESPN, here's a link to the complete schedule:

http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/broadcast.asp

July 19th begins the series of shows for this year's World Series of Poker. ;-D


Wow, they're going huge w/ coverage this year... looks like they're covering all of the events. For those that don't know, the WSOP has several individual events that it is comprised of, with the 10k no limit being the most-repected, oldest of them all
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 1588
Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Midwest Hell aka Omaha

Postby JTWood » Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:11 am

Bradg533 wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:I don;t understand the popularity of televised poker. I think poker is fun to play but who wants to sit around and watch others play :-P


Because you learn from watching ..... there are up and down buttons on your remote, use 'em ... they're there for a reason. ;-)


Well said Soop! speaking of changing channels, I had the Deuce on yesterday just in time for the national jump-rope competition?!? :-t

Wow, ESPN is really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days to come up w/ programming !


haha yea i saw that too... for the min. i was watching they had like jump-rope dancing or something like that... :-?

I've heard that they've also carried Scrabble tournies, too. There was that big mistake a couple of years ago where someone played a naughty word on the air. Apparently, they change the rules of the game for on-air play, and they had to cut to commercial so they could get the whole thing sorted out. They ended up taking back the two turns (the next guy had already gone), and forcing the other guy to take back his word.

What was this naugthy word? Lez.
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11508
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: buiviopaufamp and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Jul. 31
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Chi White Sox at Detroit
(1:08 pm)
Colorado at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
St. Louis at San Diego
(3:40 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Seattle at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
LA Angels at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Atlanta at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact