WSOP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

WSOP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WSOP

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:40 pm

I know there are quite a few poker players at the cafe. I was checking out the air date for the $10,000 buy in and ESPN has it scheduled to start Oct. 11th. You would think the "Worldwise Leader in Sports" would realize that falls right around the time of the World Series. :-t :-t
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 387)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WSOP

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:52 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I know there are quite a few poker players at the cafe. I was checking out the air date for the $10,000 buy in and ESPN has it scheduled to start Oct. 11th. You would think the "Worldwise Leader in Sports" would realize that falls right around the time of the World Series. :-t :-t

How long are they going to stretch it out for? 8 weeks? Well, that will be halfway through the wildcard round, but espn really gets a big :-t for taking 3 months to get it on air! Not really espn though, it is the same w/ all the networks that run poker programming. You always hear about the winners long before you see them... it just seems it gets worse every year is all
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby reznorsboy » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:13 pm

I don;t understand the popularity of televised poker. I think poker is fun to play but who wants to sit around and watch others play :-P
reznorsboy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:14 pm

reznorsboy wrote:I don;t understand the popularity of televised poker. I think poker is fun to play but who wants to sit around and watch others play :-P

Because you learn from watching ..... there are up and down buttons on your remote, use 'em ... they're there for a reason. ;-)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:24 pm

so0perspam wrote:
reznorsboy wrote:I don;t understand the popularity of televised poker. I think poker is fun to play but who wants to sit around and watch others play :-P

Because you learn from watching ..... there are up and down buttons on your remote, use 'em ... they're there for a reason. ;-)

Well said Soop! speaking of changing channels, I had the Deuce on yesterday just in time for the national jump-rope competition?!? :-t

Wow, ESPN is really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days to come up w/ programming !
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Bradg533 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:33 pm

GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

Well said Soop! speaking of changing channels, I had the Deuce on yesterday just in time for the national jump-rope competition?!? :-t

Wow, ESPN is really scraping the bottom of the barrel these days to come up w/ programming !

haha yea i saw that too... for the min. i was watching they had like jump-rope dancing or something like that... :-?
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby logan » Fri Jun 10, 2005 3:55 pm

Bradg533 wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

haha yea i saw that too... for the min. i was watching they had like jump-rope dancing or something like that... :-?

i saw ring juggling one day while i was at work. it was a real completition and everything. i laffed and laffed for the 5 minutes i watched it. they had interviews with the guys and they were all serios like they were going into a fight or something. classic stuff.
logan
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby blankman » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:29 pm

logan wrote:
Bradg533 wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

i saw ring juggling one day while i was at work. it was a real completition and everything. i laffed and laffed for the 5 minutes i watched it. they had interviews with the guys and they were all serios like they were going into a fight or something. classic stuff.

I sure hope you know that it's spelled l-a-u-g-h :-o :-o

I hate seeing poker on ESPN. It's a tragedy that they constantly replay the 2003 WSOP over and over and show only 3 lacrosse games a year :-t As probably the fastest growing sport in America, and IMO the most exciting to watch, I would think lacrosse would get some more respect than reruns of poker :-[
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Nomar4prez » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:37 pm

blankman wrote:
logan wrote:
Bradg533 wrote:
GiantFan666 wrote:
so0perspam wrote:

I sure hope you know that it's spelled l-a-u-g-h :-o :-o

I hate seeing poker on ESPN. It's a tragedy that they constantly replay the 2003 WSOP over and over and show only 3 lacrosse games a year :-t As probably the fastest growing sport in America, and IMO the most exciting to watch, I would think lacrosse would get some more respect than reruns of poker :-[

I would argue that poker is growing faster than lacrosse. Whether it is a sport or not can be debated, but how many people can you talk to now that haven't started playing poker, or have tried it.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:46 pm

I agree with Nomar completely ... poker is the new phenomen sweeping the nation, can't deny it.
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to General Talk