MTV Movie Awards - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MTV Movie Awards

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:01 pm

acsguitar wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:As I said on another site, when I flipped by and saw that Lindsay Lohan won for the best female performance in Mean Girls, any and all credibility for this awards show went totally out the window. :-t :-B

BTW Lindsay Lohan now looks like a Heroin addict which sucks because she had such vuluptous nice boobies and now they are all heroin'd out and flat and stuff.. at least from what I've seen on the tabloids

(which is probably as much thought as you put into writing your posts)
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MTV Movie Awards

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:04 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:I caught some of this last night and I have a question.

When did MTV turn into the station for 12 year old girls?

The last time I saw TRL, they showed the audience, and I swear there wasn't one person old enough to drive in it.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Pacman » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:19 pm

(Refer to the "How Old Are You" thread if you need verification that I was part of the first MTV generation).

My city got cable-tv in 1982, I was a bored, music-loving teenager. MTV was not offered in my town when cable first arrived, but, a couple of months later, it showed up -- on Channel 26 as I recall... It was freakin amazing. It was exactly as advertised -- radio... for your TV. Formatted just like a radio station, MTV showed several videos in a row (mostly rock/pop acts of the day, mixed in with some classic rock concert footage). After a block of videos, one of the five original VJs (Martha, Nina, JJ, Mark or Alan) would talk about what you just saw and heard. There was music news every hour, concert dates, interviews with music stars of the day. It was revolutionary, in terms of what was on TV for teenagers.

Trust me -- the station that today calls itself MTV has absolutley NOTHING in common with the MTV from (gulp) more than 23 years ago.

BTW -- I actually clicked by the MTV Movie Awards last night as the stars of the film "The Breakfast Club" were honored. That was pretty cool. ;-D In her speech, Molly Ringwald made reference to how sad she was that screenwriter/director John Hughs was not there for the award, I was curious why that was... He's not dead, is he? Is he still in the industry? Havent heard his name mentioned in years. Hughes is responsible for some of the great comedies of the 80s.

peace
Pacman
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby acsguitar » Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:37 pm

so0perspam wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
Mercer Boy wrote:As I said on another site, when I flipped by and saw that Lindsay Lohan won for the best female performance in Mean Girls, any and all credibility for this awards show went totally out the window. :-t :-B

BTW Lindsay Lohan now looks like a Heroin addict which sucks because she had such vuluptous nice boobies and now they are all heroin'd out and flat and stuff.. at least from what I've seen on the tabloids

Always takin shots eh! :-D
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby so0perspam » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:25 pm

acsguitar wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Considering the side effects of herroin are clouding of the mental function, slow and shallow breathing, convulsions, nausea, and constricted pupils. Hey, sounds like you! The first part at least....
ImageImage
so0perspam
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby GiantFan666 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:42 pm

Pacman wrote:
BTW -- I actually clicked by the MTV Movie Awards last night as the stars of the film "The Breakfast Club" were honored. That was pretty cool. ;-D In her speech, Molly Ringwald made reference to how sad she was that screenwriter/director John Hughs was not there for the award, I was curious why that was... He's not dead, is he? Is he still in the industry? Havent heard his name mentioned in years. Hughes is responsible for some of the great comedies of the 80s.

No he's not dead, but he hasn't done anything all that good since the 80's either... maybe he leased his soul to the devil in the 80's w/ the lease expiring in 89' w/ Christmas vacation. In the 90's he was responsible for the Beethoven series, (5 and counting) as well as the Home Alone series (4 and counting)
GiantFan666
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:29 pm

Pacman wrote:(Refer to the "How Old Are You" thread if you need verification that I was part of the first MTV generation).

My city got cable-tv in 1982, I was a bored, music-loving teenager. MTV was not offered in my town when cable first arrived, but, a couple of months later, it showed up -- on Channel 26 as I recall... It was freakin amazing. It was exactly as advertised -- radio... for your TV. Formatted just like a radio station, MTV showed several videos in a row (mostly rock/pop acts of the day, mixed in with some classic rock concert footage). After a block of videos, one of the five original VJs (Martha, Nina, JJ, Mark or Alan) would talk about what you just saw and heard. There was music news every hour, concert dates, interviews with music stars of the day. It was revolutionary, in terms of what was on TV for teenagers.

Trust me -- the station that today calls itself MTV has absolutley NOTHING in common with the MTV from (gulp) more than 23 years ago.

Agreed with PacMan. ;-D

Once MTV started running more junk than videos, I quit watching. That wasn't long after the Video Jukebox became availiable. For those that don't know, the Video Jukebox let people call in and request videos to be shown for .99 cents apiece. No DJ, no commercials, no junk. Just one video after another 24 hours a day. I ended up recording the ones I liked one after another, and that took care of my video fix when I was younger. :-)

MTV now is just plain horrible. :-/
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kingctb27 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:07 pm

acsguitar wrote:

Yeah, I could care less how skinny she is. But, she's upset me because her boobs have gotten smaller. Not cool man, not cool at all. :-/ :-[
Kingctb27
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby blankman » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:31 pm

so0perspam wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
so0perspam wrote:
acsguitar wrote:

Considering the side effects of herroin are clouding of the mental function, slow and shallow breathing, convulsions, nausea, and constricted pupils. Hey, sounds like you! The first part at least....

Someone paid too much attention in health class :-°

Unless that's from experience :-o
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:05 pm

kingctb27 wrote:Yeah, I could care less how skinny she is.

sure about that?
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk