Mondesi?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mondesi??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mondesi??

Postby weitliz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:33 am

Ok, last place team in my league just waived Mondesi for Jose Guillen of the Reds. Umm...ok. Am I missing something here? Is this guy nuts and intentionally cashing in the season in June? Or is there a valid reason for waiving Mondesi? Injury? Playing time? Shorts on fire?

Thanks for the input.
weitliz
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dr.DooM » Mon Jun 02, 2003 9:54 am

Mondesi is starting to cool off. He'll still steal bases and hit homers. The real question is whether this represents a temprary slump or a normalization. He's on my bench right now (I'm riding Mora while he's hot) but I think he'll do better. It's the final year of his contract and he's also managed to lose a lot of weight for this season. I think the financial motivation and his fitness might help him bounce back.
Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.
Dr.DooM
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby weitliz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:33 am

Ok, that must be one heck of a slump that Mondesi is in then...I was under the impression that Guillen was a 4th outfielder, although certainly a good one. Any idea if the slump is solely Mondesi or the Yankees fault? I know the Yanks have been off their game lately, was thinking maybe this was the reason.
weitliz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Juhlz » Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:54 am

that's a surprising move. I would guess that the owner looked at guillen's numbers and liked 'em but didn't know about him being a 4th OF now that griffey is back. Mondesi is a competitor and I agree that he is definately money motivated by contract year. I see another 30-30 club for year - but I am a little biased because he is on my team. Grab MON-desi while you can...
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers