Prize Fries - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to St. Louis Cardinals

Prize Fries

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prize Fries

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:39 am

Hey St. Louis guys,

Have you been going to McDonalds for this new Cardinals ticket promotion they have going on? These are some of the coolest prizes I've ever seen either organization give out, and you are guaranteed to win something with each order of fries.

So far, I've got:
  • Buy one ticket, get one of equal or lesser value for free.
  • $5 terrace reserved tickets.
  • 50% off terrace reserved tickets.
Each coupon is good for 4 different dates listed specifically on the coupon. Some of the coupons have to be redeemed at the ticket office. Other coupons can be used online, too. Each coupon can also be used for purchasing more than one ticket.

I swear, by the time this promotion is over, I'm going to be like that Super Size Me guy that ate McDonalds for a month straight.

:-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:46 am

Here's a link to the official rules. Some other cool prizes include:

1. Road Trips to See the Cardinals Play in Milwaukee: Twelve (12) prizes are available. Each winner will receive four (4) tickets to Brewers/Cardinals game scheduled on September 24 or September 25, 2005, $250 on a credit card gift card, and $100 in McDonald's gift certificates. (ARV: $450 each ). Odds of winning this prize are 1:289,122

3. 4 Tickets (Terrace Reserve) to the Last Game of the 2005 Regular Season on Oct. 2 vs. Cincinnati Reds: One (1) prize is available. (ARV: $108) Odds of winning this prize are 1:3,469,464

4. A Pair of Actual Stadium Seats From Busch Stadium: Six (6) prizes are available. (ARV: $400 each prize) Odds of winning this prize are 1:578,244.

8. 2 Tickets in Big Mac Land for the Last Game of the 2005 Regular Season on Oct. 2 vs. Cincinnati Reds: Five (5) prizes are available. (ARV: $54 each). Odds of winning this prize are 1:693,892.

9. Deluxe Suite For 12 People: Two (2) prizes are available. Each winner will receive twelve (12) tickets and the use of a deluxe suite during one of the following games: 8/16/05 or 8/17/05. Suite dates are subject to change based on availability as determined by the St. Louis Cardinals in its sole discretion. Deluxe suite will include snacks and soft drinks. Snack and drink selection may vary based on availability. Additional items ordered by guests will be the responsibility of the winner. (ARV: $1,224 each). Odds of winning this prize are 1:1,734,732.

10. Free Ticket Voucher to Nearly Any Mon. - Fri. Game During 2005 Regular Season: Two thousand and one (2,001) prizes are available. Each winner will receive a voucher that can be redeemed for two (2) tickets to select games during the St. Louis Cardinals 2005 regular season. Prize not valid for games being held June 6-8, July 22 or September 30. (ARV: $54 each). Odds of winning this prize are 1:1,733.

11. Free Ticket Voucher to Nearly Any Game During 2005 Regular Season: One thousand (1,000) prizes are available. Each winner will receive two (2) vouchers that can each be redeemed for one (1) ticket to select games during the St. Louis Cardinals 2005 regular season. Prize not valid for games being held June 6-8, June 10-12, July 22-24, Sept. 30, Oct. 1-2 (ARV: $54 each). Odds of winning this prize are 1:3,469.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby JTWood » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:44 am

I an not happy with the Cardinals right now. This is total bullspit:

3. Buy One (1) Ticket Get One (1) Free Ticket To A Selected Home Game: Maximum of ten (10) tickets can be purchased using this Offer. Offer can be applied to ticket purchases for a single game and can only be used for a game being held on the following dates, while supplies last: 7/1/05 or 8/1/05 or 8/4/05 or 8/18/05. The St. Louis Cardinals reserve the right to change these dates based on ticket availability. These tickets can only be purchased at the Ticket Office. Restrictions apply based on ticket availability. Offer expires 8/18/05. Odds of receiving this offer are 1:4

My Father's Day gifts to my dad were a copy of Three Days in August and a promise to take my dad to the July 1st game using the above coupon that I got from some fries.

Everything went well, and then we got to the game. I got to the ticket window, and I was informed that the above coupon could only be used for Terrace Reserved seats. They said it was a typo on the part of McDonalds. I argued that it was on the official rules at the website, but a call to the stadium manager was useless. He told the ticket window worker the same thing - no can do.

I understand that typos happen, and I know that the sweepstakes people are not responsible for typos, but I really don't believe this is a typo. I mean, think about these points:
  1. Why offer a "buy one, get one" deal on Terrace Reserved seats when they already have a 50% off Terrace Reserved coupon? That's the same friggin' deal, but simply on different days!
  2. If this is the same deal as the 50% off coupon, why does this one have to be redeemed at the stadium while the other can be used online?
I think someone high up got in trouble when his/her boss discovered this deal and realized how much money it could cost the team in revenue. Whatever the case, I can't prove that this is a sham, but I can prove that 3 days after they "discovered" the typo, the website still has not been updated to properly reflect the prize. The Cardinals don't seem to mind letting everyone believe that the coupons can be used for any seats.

I'm going to be writing them a letter to show them how displeased I am with this whole situation. It probably wouldn't be such a big deal if I hadn't used it as part of my Father's Day gift.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Return to St. Louis Cardinals