My team needs a little help... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

My team needs a little help...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

My team needs a little help...

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:18 pm

I’m in 8th out of 12th place in my league… actually doing a little better since my pitching is starting to come together. I was in 11th about a month ago. I've made some changes, but I still need a few more changes. I am very weak at Saves, but I find that people want way too much for closers, so I have pretty much written that off as a loss for the season (unless I’m quick after an injury), and am trying to gear my RP toward Holds. I’m also weak at RF. With Wood coming off the DL in a few weeks, I think now is the time to put together a 2 for 1 trade so I can make room for him… or should I just trade him? Any suggestions for players I should go after would be much appreciated. Here is my team.

C: Pierzynski (I usually have Piazza starting, but he is injured now.)
1B Casey (I am never sure who to start here, Casey or Nevin.)
2B: C. Counsell (while B. Roberts injured.).
3B: Freel
SS: M. Young
LF: M. Ramirez
CF: Damon
RF: D. Ward
OF: C. Lee
Util: C. Crisp
BU: B. Roberts-inj (2B), Piazza-inj (C,1B), Nevin (1B), Crosby (SS), Cantu (2B,3B)

SP: C. Zambrano, P. Martinez, D. Willis, D. Davis, M. Clement, J. Patterson
RP: Marte, Urbina, Timlin, Turnbow

DL: Koskie (3B), K. Wood (SP)

H2H - 25 player roster w/ 2 DL.
Batting: R,H,HR,RBI,SB,CS,E, AVG
Pitching: W,L,CG,SHO,SV,K,HLD,ERA,WHIP

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby georgiafan34 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:29 pm

You have 3 really good pitchers in Martinez , Willis and Clement. Offense is the problem. My opinion would be to deal any of the 3 pitchers for a better 1B, 2B, and 3B.

lemme know wat u think of mine. http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=137209
georgiafan34 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby quitesanemax » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:26 pm

Well, I have B. Roberts at 2nd, as soon as he gets back from his injury, which will hopefully be soon... if not, then I'm in deep trouble, but I will worry about that if it happens. The fact that he is pinch hitting should be a good sign. Nevin has problems with injuries, but when he is not injured he is pretty good. Casey seems to be getting going now... I think I"m okay at 1st. Just having trouble deciding who I should play on a regular basis. I agree that I need an upgrade at 3rd base. Freel is okay, but I could do better. I have been trying, but have been unsuccessful. I also believe I could use an upgrade at RF. I just dropped Hidalgo for Ward, and am thinking, now, that this was not smart on my part. Hidalgo is a better long term value for HRs, where I am weak. I'm going to try and get him back, but probably won't succeed. He's on waivers until Sunday. I have 3 great pitchers (Pedro, Zambrano, and Willis), Clement is not going to keep up the way he is going the rest of the year. I'm thinking of waiting until he has another good game, and then trying to trade him. Davis is doing great... who knows how long that will last. I just dropped Wakefield to pick up Patterson last week. Patterson has been hot lately.

Is there any suggestions for 2 for 1 trades, involving one of my pitchers, that would get me a good 3rd baseman or a good Right fielder, that wouldn't be laughed at. I am horrible at that. I just don't judge the players right, and I either get laughed at, or they jump at one of my stupid offers (I offered B. Sheets to get M. Young - the guy accepted it right away. Both are great players, but people have told me I could have gotten more for B. Sheets).
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sdslugger9 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:34 pm

you could go after someone like Aubrey Huff easily if you trust he will come back. I do, I think he will put up solid second half numbers. However :-? , you may trade Wood/Clement and Freel for a good established thirdbaseman with less risk such as T. Glaus or D. Wright.
sdslugger9 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:03 am

Thanks for the advice!

I like that offer for Wright... the problem is that the trade would leave me in trouble with stolen bases. Freel is one of my big stolen base kings. The guy who has Wright has Lowell, and Lopez as backups. He's using Lopez as SS now, and Lugo at 2nd. What if I were to offer him Clement (or Wood), and Crosby for Wright. Does this sound like a fair offer? I'm not sure of Crosby's value, though. I get mixed opinions on it. He is doing pretty good, and I usually feel bad about having to leave him on the bench. But I'm not sure if I have to wait for him to do good for a few more weeks before he will be valuable in a trade.
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Try for Chavez

Postby gabenterprises » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:29 am

I'd go after Chavez who might still be a steal; or ARam. Both will get you power #s and also I'd consider getting something for DAmon. If you're using your MI for steals, you should get some more pop in the OF. You could perhaps trade Damon for a big power OF straight up.

http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... 25#1019225
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby quitesanemax » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:43 am

Thanks, Gaben!

Unfortunately, Chavez is trapped on the one dead team in our league... the team is dead, and he has gotten two wins as a dead team so far! Just barely beat me too, but that was back in week 1, when the team wasn't dead yet. ARam is on a team that has only 1 3Bman... I tried to get him, but she wouldn't budge. That was back when ARam wasn't doing that good too. So I doubt she'd give him up now.

I got to thinking about your suggestion regarding my OF, and I came up with this. I could offer Damon, Cantu, and Clement for Blalock and A. Jones. The guy who has these players tried to offer me something involving Damon and Jones a few weeks back, but I didn't like part of the rest of the offer. What do you think of this offer?
quitesanemax
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby gabenterprises » Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:48 am

That sounds like an ok trade to me. I think Blalock on your team would be great. Any other thoughts on if giving up Damon is a good plan? I think that seems like a pretty decent thought. Wait until you get some more feedback and think it over. Clement and Damon are good players, so I'm hesitant to undervalue that. I don't know much about Jones this year either. Maybe Damon for Blalock straight up and move Freel to the OF? That's a big move though with Freel not guaranteed time. Your team does look good; can you point out what categories you're currently struggling in?
gabenterprises
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team