Pitching Trade for the Rangers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Texas Rangers

Pitching Trade for the Rangers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pitching Trade for the Rangers

Postby SCRanger » Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:28 am

With Drese being designated for assignment, that leaves a spot in the Ranger rotation. Who is going to take that spot? Rodriquez is pitching very well in Triple AAA, and he did well when he got called up last year until a line drive broke his arm. His spring training was a bit rusty though.

Or, this is kind of wild, trade for Roger Clemens. I am thinking, Soriano for Clemens maybe. Soriano is going to be a free agent unless we resign him. However, we have Kinsler waiting in the wings. Kinsler might not be ready yet, but if he provides better defense the Soriano, we can handle the loss of power. Look at how Cano is doing for the Yankees. I would be happy to get that from Kinsler. Thoughts?
SCRanger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bradg533 » Fri Jun 10, 2005 12:00 am

i would love to see the rocket come to texas, but hicks wont make it happen... :-t
Props to C_DubYah
Bradg533
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:59 am

I don't see a Sori for Clemens deal happening. The Astros will want more than just Sori since he's a free agent at the end of the year.

Either Benoit or Rodriguez will get the spot.
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Arlo » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:52 am

I also don't see a straight Soriano for Clemens deal happening (at least not at the moment), but I think we can expect to see all kinds of Clemens to Texas rumors in the weeks to come. Who knows, maybe he'll wind up in Arlington after all? :-?
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Fri Jun 10, 2005 7:23 pm

Arlo wrote:I also don't see a straight Soriano for Clemens deal happening (at least not at the moment), but I think we can expect to see all kinds of Clemens to Texas rumors in the weeks to come. Who knows, maybe he'll wind up in Arlington after all? :-?

With Astacio stinking it up, I'd love to see the Rangers bring in Clemens. ;-D Just hope they don't give up too much in the process. :-o

Barring a trade, I'd like to see Astacio demoted to the minors with Drese (if he clears waivers) and then let Benoit and Rodriguez have those two rotation spots. Can't hurt any worse than what Astacio and Drese have been doing, so even if only one of the two pan out, it's still an improvement. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby iuprell67 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:19 pm

Clemens wouldnt come to texas and second of all, if texas offered alfonso for clemens, the astros would take it in a second. Sure he is a free agent, but they could at least try to resign him. At chance at a superstar for a 40 year old man.
iuprell67
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SCRanger » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:32 am

Well at the time of the post Houston was sucking. Now they are second in the NL Central and only 4 games back for the Wild Card, I don't doubt they will be buying instead of selling. Clemens will be staying in Houston w/o a doubt. Rumor has it they are looking at Adam Dunn. He certainly needs to get out of the Red's organaztion. They are horribly managed.

Its going to be tough finding a pitcher, if we even get one. I don't think we have any young guys who are ready to pull up yet. We'll see how things go down.
SCRanger
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Texas Rangers